Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages on Today screen don't match with breakdown

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey,

So when I look at my sleep for the night before in the today dashboard in the app, the stages will read differently then when I click into the sleepy tab and clock on deep and rem so I can see the sleep graph and my 30 day averages.

Ex:

TODAY TAB

Awake: 1h 19m (16%)

REM: 56m (12%)

Light: 4h 40m (57%)

Deep: 1h 13m (15%)

Sleep Dashboard:

Awake: 58m (12%)

REM: 59m (12%)

Light: 4h 58m (61%)

Deep: 1h 13 (15%)

this just started happening in the past week and can some times be way different.

any ideas how to fix this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
58 REPLIES 58

I wonder if it’s because of the iOS update last week?!? I got different times again today.  It’s really weird.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this issue for a few weeks now.  I don't recall exactly when it happened but just noticed the data was different.  What device are you on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I’ve noticed when I look at my sleep records my time awake section will say I’m awake for 54 minutes,  however when I go in and look at my rem/deep sleep graph it says I was only awake 34 minutes……. I noticed this a few weeks back.   Basically my awake time is double in one section then the other?   Anybody else have this and is it normal? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The sleep data on the summary page is different than that on the sleep page.

has been like that for several weeks. Same for my wife’s Fitbit too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit sense is tracking my sleep, however the stats on the dashboard do not match the stats on the sleep record page?… For example, today the dashboard stated I was awake for 44mins, REM for 1hr 34mins, Light for 3hr 46mins and Deep for 1hr 32mins.

however the sleep record page had those stats as Awake 29mins, REM 2hr 6mins, Light 3hr 14mins and Deep 1hr 49mins.

So you can see the data is different, can you explain why this is happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ancola Yes, this is a known bug, I'm afraid to say. There's nothing you can do to remedy it at this point. 

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

The Google android advisor has written that Fitbit accounts will be migrated to the Google platform starting in 2023 through 2025. We can only hope that is part of the migration new software well written and providing more and better information will be available. I hope they will have addressed the issues brought up here in the community and that the new software will be accessible fully to people Who are blind or otherwise reading disabled. I hope that people with other disabilities that can benefit from the **ahem** that will also see their needs addressed. I am told based on the article that the new Fitbit trackers are being marketed as Fitbit by Google as part of the rebranding

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got sick of waiting and bought an Apple Watch on Saturday.  It’s pretty amazing.   That said, the Apple sleep app said I was only awake for 8 mins last night.  There’s not a chance this is true.  Fitbit would have told me I was awake much longer, I am certain.   I know I was.   

I’ll keep an eye on this thread out of curiosity.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just noticed a discrepancy on my dashboard app (iPhone 13, ios 15.7) in the sleep graph. Here is a screenshot of the dashboard giving me a summary of my sleep score for the night:

IMG_6310 (2).PNG

Here is a screenshot of the graph once you get into the sleep section:

IMG_6311 (2).PNG

Sleep time agrees but the sleep stages differ. I have turned my watch off and back on. I have logged off the app and logged back in. I have synced the app and my watch several times. Stays the same.Is there something about the dashboard summary I haven't noticed before or is there a glitch?

Thanks.

Bob Bliss

Best Answer

Don’t have an answer but just wanted to let you know iOS 16.0.2 is current operating system. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

@blissfl   This is a known bug with the app.  Fitbit is aware, but I don't know when it will get fixed,

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my sense does the same thing,  I know I sleep 6 to 7 hrs, but only resgisters  3 or 4 hours,  I wake after 3 hours to pee, then go right back to sleep for about 4 hours,  but only registers the first half of sleep

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the details and screenshots provided, as well as every step tried prior to posting. I understand how important this data is for you and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. To work on this matter, please provide me with the following information:

• Model of your iOS device.
  • OS version of your iOS device.
  • On the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Help & Support and let me know the version number at the top.

Please note this thread is related to the sleep stages not matching between the Today screen and the breakdown screen. If you have a different issue or question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread so you can receive help from the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy,

For me it the bug is showing as a discrepancy between the Time Asleep subsection (1hr 17 awake) and the Deep and REM subsection (55m awake), which is distorting my overall sleep profile.

I’m on iPhone SE, iOS 15.7, Inspire 3 version 20001.179.13

thanks 

Best Answer

Lizzy

For me it is iPhone 13, 15.6.1, and Sense 3.67

I am getting variations of up to 30 to 50 minutes. Today awake was 1hr 1 min and 46 mins. Light was 3h 37m and 3h 50mins

Best Answer

The problem with sleep has been frustrating members of the community for at least the past three updates. Fitbit moderators and community advocates have reported this to developers. No solution has been coming.

Fitbits customer care team has offered multiple suggestions and to the best of my knowledge none have worked. Community members have also made their own towns to correct the problem with no positive results. We can only hope that in one of the next updates this will be corrected. Maybe now that Google has attached its name to FitbitA solution they I

Best Answer

Hmmmm that’s kind of annoying - I bought the Fitbit for the Sleep Tracking, but the data now seems completely unreliable - or rather I don’t know which number even to go by!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for getting back with the requested information. I understand how frustrating this has been and appreciate your feedback. Let me share our team has released the 3.68 version of the Fitbit app. If you haven't done so, please go to the App Store and try installing it on your iOS devices.

If by any chance the issue persists afterward, don't hesitate to let me know so I can continue helping you with this situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and thanks for your continued reports.

As mentioned before, our team released the 3.68 version, so please make sure to install it install it on your iOS devices as this will ensure the performance of the Fitbit app.

Because this issue has been resolved, I'll close this thread from further comments. If you have a different question, let me invite you to start a new thread in the Help Forums so you can receive help from the Community.

Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes