Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker does not show detailed time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The previous IOS shows the time of the sleep chart when you mouse over the graph. Have seen this feature being taken away so you only 'roughly' know what time you are awake or restless. 

The previous feature was quite quite useful so why was it taken away? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi. Once you have the sleep track image on your screen all you have to do is touch and hold the screen with your finger. Keep it in contact with the screen and the time at the point of finger contact appears on the screen. Slide your finger along the timeline and all the events (awake, sleep and restless) are given. Once you raise your finger from the screen this info disappears. I hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

A warm welcome to the Forums @Underdogs. Have you tap the sleep tile? If you haven't, I recommend tapping the sleep tile where you will be able to see your detailed information. If by tapping the tile you are not seeing your information, please follow @MarreFitbit's instructions in the How do I update the Fitbit app for iOS? to see if your app is updated.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Hi Alejandra,

Yes i tapped on the tile and it shows me the lines (awake or restless) and
start/end times on the horizontal axis, but it does not show the exact time
of those lines. So i have difficulties tracking the times when I am awake
or restless.

My app is updated (ver 2.30).
Best Answer

I have the same  problem. Updated a few days ago. Ever since the update, hovering over or clicking on the lines does nothing. It used to show what time I was restless or awake. This needs fixed now! Version 2.45. Running on a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Best Answer

why the change in sleep details? 

Best Answer

I am really missing this feature too and would like it back ASAP 

Best Answer

Without my having done anything re updating software, this retrograde change landed on my desktop computer on Tuesday 28 March. I bought my FitBit 2 years ago almost entirely for sleep tracking, and had been reasonably satisfied with it overall.  I have a lot of broken sleep, and at times I have had to edit the log to re-combine a whole night’s sleep back into one record; however I soon got used to doing that. 

What I USED TO BE VERY HAPPY with was the full detail available via the mouse hover, of when I was asleep, when I was restless, and when I was fully awake. Now I am utterly lost without this timing detail.  And the new Web app doesn’t even bother to calculate “sleep efficiency”! 

Also the sleep summary page shows truncated times for start / stop sleep times, as in showing “5am” for actual 5:20am; you have to go to each individual day to see the actual start / stop times.

What were you thinking, FitBit, to make such backward changes? I’m NOT HAPPY NOW!

Clearly all of the full data is still available, so please put the full functionality back ASAP.

Best Answer

I have the same problem and have been considering replacing the app by an earlier version. From the description on the iMazing website it  looks as though it is feasible but  I'm nevertheless a bit nervous about tampering with the IOS system and am just hoping that the app designers will issue a new update before I venture into unknown territory.

Best Answer

I have to agree that this was not forward thinking by the folks at Fitbit.  With all of the competition out there, I can't imagine how REMOVING features can be considered progress.  My son can see times on his sleep page when he scrolls over his sleep graph on his smart phone, but I am accessing it on my desktop because my smart phone is old and isn't capable of downloading this app.  Generally I am please with my charge hr, but the sleep data was something I looked at often.  Disappointed.

Best Answer

Hi all, I hope you are doing fine! Woman Wink

I imagine that all of you have the sleep stages feature by now. If you do, I recommend taking a look at @FerdinandFitbit's post, where he's explaining more about it and how this feature works.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi everybody

I checked my sleep pattern yesterday and it worked fine. I have no idea why it didn't function before and although I tried several things in the course of my investigation I don't think I actually changed anything. So why does it work now? No idea but I'm happy it does!

Macpete

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Still not working on my android Samsung galaxy 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @Sls808 and @Macpete those are great news, I am glad to hear that this feature is now working for you. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in posting it.

Now @Sls808, if you are having problems registering your sleep stages, I recommend logging our and logging back in to your account.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Best Answer

This is a copy of an email I sent to Fitbit support and since I don't know if it will end up on this forum I'm attaching it here just in case.

Hi everybody

The same problem with the sleep tracker arose again this morning, although I had done nothing to my knowledge to cause it. So I began to believe that this was one of those things I would have to live with. However, before I gave up the unequal struggle I gave it my last shot, and it worked (I know, I've said that before…).

What I did was the following; I went to the Dashboard and clicked on the sleep symbol. Then I clicked on the icon, top right, looking like a gear wheel. This gave me a window called Sleep Goals. I scrolled down to the bottom, where it says “Receive sleep insights” and switched off the slider button. That is all I did, but it worked. I tried it several times to make sure it was not another false alarm, but it seems to be repeatable. I hope this may help somebody.

best wishes

macpete

Best Answer

So no hope for those of us who use a desktop?

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @kathymckid and @Macpete.

I would like to know if you can provide me with a screenshot of your sleep information? In the meantime, if you haven't done this, I recommend logging out and in from your accounts.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed. It's silly to give the start and end times to the sleep cycle without giving some indication as to when your sleep was interrupted...

One can GUESS, but when you compare times with your sleeping partner, and you fall asleep at different times, its difficult to know who disturbed whom.

Most of us would be content with the simple addition of a time indication beneath the awake or restless times. Heck even a simple hourly mark would help.

Oh, and for what its worth, fitbit... I cannot find detailed time information on my dashboard here at your website or on my iPhone/iPad. All we want to know is when was that time between 10PM and 7 AM that we woke up or were restless?

C'mon fitbit... help us out here.

Best Answer

I don't know why you need this info, particularly in view of the fact that I solved my problem (see previous post on this page) but here is a typical sleep pattern from my ipad. I hope it helps.

IMG_3500.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Macpete, nope... doesn't help... I get the same image... If you look at your "awake" line - can you tell what exact time that occurred? My issue is that there is no additional time information on the bottom line between 23:50 and 08:11 (in your example) - at the very least, if they could mark off hours, that would help. (does that make sense?)

Best Answer

Hi. Once you have the sleep track image on your screen all you have to do is touch and hold the screen with your finger. Keep it in contact with the screen and the time at the point of finger contact appears on the screen. Slide your finger along the timeline and all the events (awake, sleep and restless) are given. Once you raise your finger from the screen this info disappears. I hope this helps.

Best Answer