Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep counting when I haven't slept/ Counting steps on rocking chair.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It said I slept 7 1/2 hours and I did sleep at all. Also if I am in my chair rocking it counts my steps. How do I fix that?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Sometimes when your Fitbit is left without movement it tracks this as sleep. This could be why you have 7 and 1/2 hours of sleep. 

Also, with the chair, your Fitbit uses your stride & arm movement to track steps, so this could be why. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bagladyoous, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you around @Liash.

@bagladyoous, I understand your trackers is recording sleep logs when you're not wearing it. First of all, I sincerely apologize for this situation and I would like to suggest you to restart your tracker, then go to your tracker settings on your online Dashboard and change the Sleep setting to "Sensitive". After that, monitor your tracker for the next night to check if it's still recording sleep when not wearing it. If it's still recording sleep, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection of your tracker, don't worry, none of the previous information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

Now, in regards of the rocking chair, as @Liash mentioned, the Fitbit trackers count steps by tracking the natural movement of the arm when walking. In this case, if your tracker is counting steps while on the rocking chair, you can log a driving activity to remove these steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Exercise tile
  2. Tap on LOG and start typing Driving.
  3. Tap on Driving when it shows up and fill the data required
  4. The steps will be removed from your daily count.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes