Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step count differs from steps in challenge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Daily step count is was different from my challenge step count on day one   Why is this

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Niki3368, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

If your daily steps are not matching the steps on your challenge, below are possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

Additionally, I would like to suggest waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates. In case your steps are still not updating after taking in consideration the points listed above, please let me know.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's doing the same thing for me and none of these things is helpful.

Best Answer
Still not working on mine someone said it was because I am in a different timezone 3 hours in front of others but I changed to their one an still the same missing nearly 4000

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lildevilmama thanks for joining the conversation and welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Niki3368, I hope you're having a great day.

Thank you for reporting back that your Challenge leaderboard steps don't match your dashboard steps.

I've received similar reports about this situation, and have informed our engineering team. While I don't have a timeline for resolution, our team will continue to investigate these discrepancies.

I appreciate your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes