Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step counter disappeared off app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
The step counter on the dashboard of my Fitbit app on my phone has disappeared. I now have no idea how many steps I have done. Need my step counter back asap!!!
Please help
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
This has happened to me twice. You need to remove you tracker and then set up a new one (even though it will be the same one). That had worked twice for me and I have not lost any data.

Che C., Production manager, Silver Screen Design

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi @Stephhy 

Moved your question to the corresponding section to increase the chance of getting a solution. Smiley Wink

Check out the Fitbit Article: URL: How do I change my dashboard on the Fitbit app for iOS?

Hope it helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!

My wife has a Fitbit and it was all working fine. Just got myself one and have the steps and sleep tiles have disapeared. Tried logging out (but now that option has disapeared as well. Tried deleting.

Getting really fed up and ready to throw it into the bin!

Thanks

Karl

Best Answer
So has mine, on both my iPhone and my iPad 😫
Best Answer
0 Votes

@knclare @JaniceO That's really weird. Have you tried the following?

image1.PNG1. Open the Fitbit App.

2. Click the dashboard button in the bottom left-hand corner.

3. Click the Edit button at the top right-hand corner.

image2.PNG4. Scroll to the bottom of your dashboard an find the missing tile.

5. Make sure it is checked.

6. If you want, select the three lined icon on a tile to drag and drop to a preferred location.

7. Click the Done button (where the Edit button once was).

Keep me posted if this helps you out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Yes, this still does not show an option to add steps
Best Answer

@Klmnop Have you tried re-pairing your tracker to your account using the replacement setup process?

Keep me posted if this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good idea if that showed up. I can't do that because I can't see that. I can't force sync because I can't see the force sync button. I've ininstalled twice and still nothing. It's been 2 days without syncing.
For some reason my calories burned is moving so it's syncing something somewhere somehow. I don't get it
Best Answer

My dashboard is missing steps and sleep.  When I click edit there is nothing else at the bottom to add.  What do I need to do to get sleep and steps back?

IMG_2783[1].PNG

IMG_2784[1].PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
This has happened to me twice. You need to remove you tracker and then set up a new one (even though it will be the same one). That had worked twice for me and I have not lost any data.

Che C., Production manager, Silver Screen Design
Best Answer

@tekpere to expand a little bit on @CheChristi's post, please use the replacement setup process to re-pair your tracker to your account.

Also, please be sure that you have updated the Fitbit iOS App to version 2.9 as well!

Please keep me posted if this helps and welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine, too, on PC as well. In several days of trying to set up 2 flexes and 1 charge HR (family members), I've come to the sad conclusion these Fitbit devices are buggy pieces of **ahem**. I'm ready to chuck all of them, quite honestly, as are my family.

Best Answer

The remedies for these annoying little issues are becoming increasingly convoluted and hit-or-miss. "Try this and see if it works! Thanks!"; "Do the replacement setup process to re-pair your tracker to your account after updating to 2.9" "Then keep me posted. Thanks!"

WTF??

How am I supposed to leave 2 elderly parents in charge of these devices without the devices failing after 2 **ahem**ing days and my parents dumping them in a bin?

Best Answer

It happened to you twice? Is that supposed to be an acceptable way for a company to operate?

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks!  It worked!

Best Answer

How do u do that with a Fitbit Alta I tried to do that and it doesn't work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked but lost all my history of course. But this worked when everything else failed. good job!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Grinchy67, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know your issue has now been resolved. Please note that the information you sync from your device gets stored in our Servers and not on your mobile device. Additionally, your Fitbit device can store up to 7 days of detailed information in case you're unable to sync frequently. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that and it didn't help. I also verified that I'm running the most current version of the software in both devices, my Luxe and my Note 20 Ultra. I don't even see it as an option to add and I went through both the lower screens under the edit function as well as the "discover" tabs and I didn't see it there, either.

Is there any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes