Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps I didn't do and calories I didn't burn

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have a fit bit charge that won't sink with my iPhone. It also has preloaded calories and steps that I didn't do. Is there a way to fix this?
Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

When you first get your Fitbit, you will see burned calories. The devices begin the day at midnight, so no matter what time you set up, those burned calories will be there. This article on burned calories may help you. click to read

Those steps may be from the tracker being moved about as you were setting up.

Welcome to the forums @drw1234

Did you pair your Charge to the iPhone?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Yes it's paired but it's weird it has steps from 2 years ago and it's always 1,641 calories burned
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community and thanks for the update @drw1234! I noticed @Odyssey13 provided you some information to help you resolve your issue. I'd like to know if the 2 years ago data is only showing calories burned or also steps and miles? If you're seeing only calories burned this is because of your BMR which is the rate at which you burn calories as a result of maintaining vital body functions, when you created your Fitbit profile, you entered your gender, age, height and weight. Your profile and tracker use that data to configure your daily BMR so you will see it every day on your Dashboard since this is how Fitbit designed it. If you're seeing other data from two years ago please attach a screenshot so I can take a look.

Keep me posted and have a nice day! Cat Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer