Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps and sleep are not syncing correctly.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit flex 2 for about a week. I've been using auto sync and it's been working great! Yesterday, though, I noticed that my steps were not contributing to my workweek hustle challenge. I got over 14k steps and should have been well ahead of my friends, but the challenge said I hadn't synced in hours (it currently says 22h), but was getting updates from my friends so they were passing me. I tried manually syncing and that didn't work either. I was disappointed but shrugged it off because at least I could see my own daily steps to challenge myself. 

This morning, I noticed I didn't have any sleep data for the night (it just says "how did you sleep?), and even after manually syncing got nothing on my dashboard. The data is there on the detailed page, but not the dashboard. I scrolled back to yesterday and I suddenly only show 1131 steps out of what should have been over 14k, and no sleep data! My sleep data for the entire week I've had this is not showing on my dashboard anymore (it again just says "how did you sleep?), and when I try to look at the more detailed page, Wednesday has no sleep data at all!

Someone told me to check my timezone, which is set to automatic and is displaying correctly. Not sure what else to do now. 

Thanks in advance!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @SarahM2016, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

Are you seeing the correct amount of steps on your daily stats but are not syncing correctly with your challenges? Below are possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

I'd also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates. 

Now, in regards of your sleep logs, it's possible the app is not updating correctly with our servers, please go to the sleep section of the online Dashboard to check if the information is showing correctly there. If it is, I'd like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button and swiping it up.
  • Log out from the app, restart your tracker and log back in.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes