Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not showing in the Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my iphone is no longer showing steps on my fitbit app

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Which Fitbit device are you using?

I'm having the same problem - as of last Thursday.  If your problem started last Thursday, we have the same issue ...

Best Answer
I'm not sure when it started I just noticed it yesterday. I have a blaze and its recording my steps but my iPhone is not.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same thing about Thursday of last week too. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now I can't even log in to it. It times out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DaxSr@maurnp and @Billhargin, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Usually when a tile is not showing in the Fitbit app is because of two different reasons:

1. Your tracker has been removed accidentally from the account: To check this, please tap on the Account button and verify that your tracker is listed under your Name. If it's not, please set it up as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  2. The tile has been removed from the Dashboard and is now invisible: To verify this, please scroll down until you find the Edit button. Tap on it and the invisible tiles will display a plus sign on the top left corner, tap on the plus sign to make them visible again. 

Now @DaxSr, if you're still unable to log in to your account, please try the following steps:

• Go to your phone Settings > General > About > Name
  • Remove any special characters or symbols.
  • Save your settings.
  • Attempt to login to the Fitbit app again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

My Blaze is doing the same thing . Not logging in my steps from my iPhone to the Fitbit app and also My heart rate is not showing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here with my Flex 2. It started (or stopped) around 6.30 this morning. The band is counting but it’s not syncing with the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how to reboot a Flex, but that's likely the answer ...

I don't know how to reboot a Blaze, but that's likely the answer ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Billhargin, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to have you on board the Fitbit Community @Bpclark98ag and @StarfirePearl, thanks for joining us. Smiley Happy

@Billhargin, are you still having trouble with the step tile in the Fitbit app? If so, please let me know. I also appreciate your help. To check how to restart a Fitbit device, please refer to this article

@StarfirePearl, tell me, is the app not showing the Step and Heart Rate tiles or the information is not syncing? If this is the case, is the tracker syncing any other information and this is the one missing or is the Blaze having trouble syncing? Please let me know so I can check this further. 

@Bpclark98ag, if your Flex 2 is not syncing correctly, please try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to log on to my account thru the app finally. 

I also ended up restarting my phone and it started syncing then.

No issues since. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you... I restarted everything then held my finger on the fit bit screen on my phone. Steps showed up so I pressed it and they came back. I am not really sure what I did to get them back but thankfully they are there!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @maurnp and @DaxSr, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iphone7plus is no longer reporting my steps and calories burned. What can I do?

Best Answer

I have the same problem with my Alta, it is not synchronising. I tried Bluetooth on and off and I reinstalled the App. Annoying !! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new Fitbit has stopped showing step count on the app.... I have done all the things I have read on other queries but still not showing...very frustrating 

angela

Best Answer

Charge 3, started last couple of days had syncing issues also

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes really annoying not being able to sync and losing the steps tile
Angela

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since middle of April my Fitbit 2 stopped reading my steps on my Fitbit???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started Tuesday the 19th

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is my  phone shows steps but my fitbit app only records calories and water. How do i get my steps back on the app to sync.    medskerd@gmail,com   ty

Best Answer