Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion to customize the community tab section

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have always loved that fitbit didn't have a community feed. I really am tired of newsfeeds in apps and fitbit is a more personal tool for me than a community tool.

I feel overrun by the depersonalization of facbeook and the like and how the news feed got clogged with a slew of ads for myfitnesspal.  I really hope that doesn't happen.

In short, the feature I'm requesting is to default to friends on the community link on the iOS app.  I enjoy the fitbit features of cheering on MY friends, not a random community of people. Or at least allow me to customize that.  The fitbit app has been really great about customization so that I can select the features I want to use.  Please add customization to the community area so that I can default to my friends.  I feel rather strongly that functionality has been taken from me.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @nickj26, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Robot Happy

I really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and given the Community tab is a new feature we're more than happy to get your constructive criticism and feedback which is why I would like to encourage you to submit your suggested idea to implement customization of the Community tab. That way, members of the Community can vote for your idea and add their comments, this is truly the best way to make your voice heard. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree100%. I don't ever want to see anything in my Fitbit app except for my personal stats, and my friends' steps for the week vs mine. It's a bloated app that takes up way too much space. 

Best Answer

Hello @FBitChris, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I understand you would only like to see your stats and your friends stats, and I'm sure many people would like to have the ability to customize their menus to remove the new Community tab, which is why, as I mentioned before, the best way to make yourself heard is submitting a suggested idea, where members of the Community can vote and comment about it, that way, you can get the attention from our development team so your idea can be taken in consideration. 

Hope this can be helpful, thank you again for your feedback. Keep me posted if there's anything else I can do for you! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw your suggestion and I'm trying to submit a feature request but it's not working. is there a technical problem right now?

Best Answer

oops I didn't pick a tag so it wouldn't submit. all set now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's weird is I don't even have the community tab on my app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @BK_Boston and @justbeth82, thanks for joining the conversation and welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

@BK_Boston, thank you for submitting your suggested idea, I'm sure it will be very helpful for many people and that you will get many votes and comments. 

@justbeth82, the Community tab is only available on the US at this moment, if you're in the US, have updated the app recently and you're still unable to see the Community Tab, please let me know so I can check this further. Additionally, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the US. Haven't had an update to the app since like mid march 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @justbeth82, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for replying. 

This seems like a very odd situation. Would it be possible for you to send me a screenshot of your app's Dashboard? That will be very helpful for me to check this situation further.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the U.S. and don't have it either. I updated my app. 

iPhone 7 Plus ios11.1 Samsung, Sense, Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SpinSpinSugar69, it's nice to see you around, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

It seems very strange that after updating you've haven't been able to see the Community tab. In this case it will be very helpful for me if you could reply with a screenshot of your app Dashboard so I can check this further. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes