Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge GPS maps not showing after iOS App update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Anyone else having problems seeing Surge GPS tracks/maps in the iOS App following the latest update?

For certain larger exercises (both new and old) I get a grey screen with spinning circle where the map should be.  Have waited for 20mins+ (with super fast fibre optic broadband) and get nothing.  I used to be able to see these in the App just fine.  Smaller exercises seem OK.

All tracks/maps are visible on Fitbit website and they export to Strava and MapmyRide just fine (and the maps show in their respective iOS apps).  So its just the Fitbit iOS app that seems to be struggling.

Thanks!

fitbit missing map.jpg

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Hooray. I installed today's app update (2.24) and now I have my map! Thanks guys.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @JKLondon. I would recommend downloading the most recent Fitbit app version for your iOS device. If you are still having the same problem please let me know to report this issue to the engineering team.

Catch you later. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  Thanks for suggestion.  I tried that already (I'm running 2.23.1) but it didn't fix the problem. Please can you report to the engineering team.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @JKLondon. I've forwarded your comments to the engineering team. Once any update is available it will be communicated as soon as possible. In the meantime, it could be a good idea logging out from the app, rebooting your phone and logging back in. Hope this helps. 

Keep up the super stepping. Cat Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sending on and further suggestion.  Actually I had already tried that too.  Still no joy.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hooray. I installed today's app update (2.24) and now I have my map! Thanks guys.
Best Answer

@JKLondon That's great news! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear that your map is showing fine now @JKLondon

On another note, you are welcome to visit the Discussions board. You could find interesting topics to join and discuss out there. 

Hope to see you around more often. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI, I am having this same issue with the new Iphone7... so i have to wait for an update before it works again. I have tried all the above suggestions. 

Thanks, 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think 2.29 might have finally fixed this...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. My fitbit app on my tablet isn't showing me the gp s maps. I can see them on my phone. Anyone know what the problem is?

Best Answer
0 Votes