Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not syncing correctly, only "looking" for it.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seems like since the latest IPhone iOS update, my Fitbit app keep getting to a state where it is “looking” for my device. I end up having to forget my Surge, power it down and up, and then add it back in. My wife is having the same issue.  Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Skriley1957, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know you have already restarted your Surge and paired it up as a new device after updating the Fitbit app. At this moment I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your phone.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds, then turn it back on. 
  3. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that not other Bluetooth devices are around as they might interfere with the syncing process. 

If your tracker is still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be enabling All-day Sync in the Fitbit app so your tracker and your phone maintain a constant connection between each other, improving the way they sync. To enable All-day Sync go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Surge > All-day Sync. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have already done everything you have suggested here and still have issues.. As I said initially this seems to have started with the new Apple upgrade on my iPhone. My wife did not get a new phone, and since she updated the operating system on her iPhone, she has the same problem. We are able to sync for a while, and then all of a sudden it goes to looking instead of syncing. Then we have to forget the device and set it up again. We have both had our FitBits for quite a while now, so no new devices have been introduced.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes