Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not appearing on iPhone location services

Have been unable to display my local temperature on Versa 2 even after several synchings. Also noticed that the app is not appearing on the 'Location services' of the iPhone settings. Attempting to Google this issue came up with various solutions discussing tapping the 'exercise' tile which is not showing up on my app. Where is it? Also talks about tapping "devices": again, nothing showing up on the app. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the community forums, @bobcat250.

Thanks for sharing these details, and your research prior to posting. To work on this together, could you confirm if by local temperature you mean the Weather? If that's correct, let's try some steps to get the Fitbit app and this feature working correctly:

1. Check if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone
  3. Restart your Versa 2
  4. Go to the Location settings on your iPhone, look for the Fitbit app and turn on the location services
  5. Open the Fitbit app and pull down on the screen to force a manual sync
  6. Wait a moment and check the Weather app

If this gets sorted out, please navigate through the Fitbit app to make sure everything is working well. Please note the Devices tab can be found at the upper left corner, and you can tap on the pencil icon the Today screen. For more information, check this help article.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzie, many thanks for your quick response to my concerns about my versa 2’s weather app!  Unfortunately, the Fitbit app does not appear under the “location services“ portion in the settings. If that’s the problem, causing my Weather app not to work, then can you please help me find a way to make it appear in the location services? Again, many thanks!

Best Answer

@bobcat250   I have two ideas for you.

• Select your Fitbit app from your phone's Settings page.  The top option should be Location.  It needs to be set to Always to function properly.
  • This is a back door option.  Tap on the green '+' button on your Fitbit app, then Start exercise in the Track live section.  You should get a prompt for Location services for Fitbit.

Also, please double check the Permissions for your weather app.  Tap on your device/battery icon in the upper left of your app > Versa 2 tile > Gallery > Weather > Permissions.  Make sure they are all toggled on.  You can try toggling them off, then back on again for good measure.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@bobcat250 It's nice to see you here again. @LZeeW Thanks for your help.

@bobcat250 You're welcome, and thanks to you for getting back. Let me explain that the location services need to be set to Always in order to get certain features, such as Weather, working correctly. In case you haven't done so, please give a try to the steps suggested by our friend to see how it goes afterward. Please make sure the official Fitbit app is installed on your phone so it can be listed on your phone settings list.

Best Answer
0 Votes