Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages On Versa Disappear after they have been read on iPhone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am getting text my messages on my Versa, but if I read them on my iPhone they disappear. I can understand if this is how some people want the behavior to work, but I would like to have my messages remain on my Versa until I clear them or the 20 or so the Versa keeps fills up and is replaced by newer messages. I have to assume there is a setting for this, where would I find it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @robp2175! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks for bringing this up! Actually, this is the expected behavior for the Fitbit Ionic and Versa. If you clear a notification from your watch, the notification is removed from your phone's notification center and if you clear a notification from your phone, the notification is removed from your watch. By clearing a notification, this also means by reading the message or opening the notification on your phone.

At the moment, since this is the way that it will work, I would recommend creating a feature suggestion for keeping the notifications on the watch even after clearing the notifications on your phone, so you can go to the Feature Suggestions board and hopefully other users will vote for it to have it implemented in a near future.

If you need anything else, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

why do we continue to see lies regarding versa messaging - fix the issues and update the firmware already

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

Hello @Uib, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and encourage you to let me know what kind of problems are you having with Notifications in your Fitbit Versa. Please reply with as many details as you can along with screenshots, that will be very helpful for me to check this further and provide further assistance. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This morning I received a text on my versa Fitbit. When I went back to the text on my phone , the lineup of texts all completely disappeared. I save my texts and expected them to be there. Now I lost many pictures of my young grandsons. Why did this happen? I did not erase these texts.

Debbie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today after finally getting text message back on my versa I noticed same thing it does not stay on.  It didn’t use to go away until I cleared all.  Not sure why these changes keep happening- hope it’s a quick fit !

Best Answer
0 Votes