Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout Updates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I usually record spin workouts as a workout and the add in or update the workout to reflect the specifics. When in the exercise screen, I can successfully update the workout to be spinning. However, no matter how much edit the details to change the mileage, the app automatically reverts back to the default and does not save the mileage I input. I have tried restarting the app to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Xhayx and a warm welcome.  Which tracker are you using?  If it has an exercise app, then there is a spinning exercise shortcut and you should try that instead.  I don't know if the spinning shortcut has a distance in it or not.  The workout shortcut assumes you are walking.  It uses a steps x stride length to calculate distance.

Biking or spinning distance is not added to your daily distance.  That distance has always been a stepping distance.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I didn’t know of the option to change the shortcut. I added spinning, so thanks for that.

However it does not address my concern. Within the exercise details, there is the option to change to type of exercise and update the details. I updated the workout to be spinning. After doing so, the option to update the mileage as related to a spinning, not a “workout” workout is available. The edit details allows to change the mileage for the spinning workout. While the “spinning” change is saved and reflected as a spinning workout, the mileage reverts back to the default despite the change.

If you are saying that it’s because a workout doesn't have the capability to be updated to a spinning workout becuause is the wait it’s recorded, then there is a fundamental issue with the app and it should not be an option.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Xhayx   I use the Workout choice in the Exercise app for everything that doesn't have an applicable shortcut.  I do not get a distance that I can edit in any exercise details tracked as a Workout.  I wonder if you and I are using the same terms for two different ways of tracking.

With respect to editing distance, there might be an ongoing bug with that.  I have seen, even recently, posts about not being able to edit distance.  I don't respond to those posts, since I can't help them.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes
We are using the same term. It’s about updating the mileage.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Xhayx   When I use Workout in the Exercise app, I am not given a mileage to update.  When go to the Exercise details > tap on the three circles > Edit Exercise Details, I can change the start/stop time.  I get no mileage choice.

I would love to see what you are seeing.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes