Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notifications not working on iPhone 7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have received my new charge 2 today. I paired my charge 2 with my iPhone 7 and I can receive calendar and phone call notifications but not text message notifications. My iOS is up to date with iOS 10.2. 

My partner has since linked my charge to to her iPhone 6s which also up to date with the iOS 10.2 setting and the Fitbit now receives notifications of calls, calendar entires and also texts. 

Please can anyone help with this mystery? How can this be the case?

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@Andy180281  Are your settings on the IPhone set the same as hers?  One thing to double check is that on the iPhone you have "Allow in Notification Center", "Show in Notification Center" and "Show on Lock Screen" all enabled.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Thank you! The notifications setting is what was wrong with mine!

Best Answer

All of the notifications settings are the same but still no text message notifications being received 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Andy180281, it's great to see you around the Community!, Welcome @Nicolejm82!, it's nice to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I noticed @Kmransom123 provided some excellent tips that sometimes get overlooked, As you're still not receiving notifications I would like to suggest the following:

• Restart your tracker
  • Go to the Bluetooth settings on both phones and select Forget this Device in both of them to remove the bond between each phone to the tracker. 
  • Restart your phone
  • Set up notifications once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, feel free to reply in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have followed the suggestions you have made but I still difference 

Andy 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with iPhone 6S plus. I've removed, rebooted, restarted, check all my settings and compared to all the settings in my wife's iPhone 5S (which gets text notifications) and still no text notification. Sounds like an app update to me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same exact problem with my iPhone 6S plus. Have followed all the suggested troubleshooting suggestions with no change. My wife has a iPhone 6S and hers is working just fine. I have compared the settings for both and they are the same. I have called customer support and am awaiting a call back.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Andy180281, I hope you're doing well. Welcome @Jeepsjunction and @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps I posted earlier, if these have not resolved your issue my best recommendation at this point would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know about the steps you've performed so far, I'm sure they will be more than happy to get you back on track. 

Let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same trouble and all the call centre has told me is what is being discussed. Very dissapointed with this product. Has anyone had any luck on getting it working as I'm just about to return 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it to work but now I cannot remember now what I did. I googled it and got it to work. I think it was a setting in privacy?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it to work but now I cannot remember now what I did. I googled it and got it to work. I think it was a setting in privacy?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thunderbird164  What Fitbit tracker do you have?  Let us know, and perhaps we can offer some suggestions to help you further.

Kelly | Oklahoma

Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes
Charge 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thunderbird164  Have you checked on the Charge 2 that notifications are on?  From the main clock face, press and hold the side button.  This toggles notifications "on" or "off".  I have inadvertently turned mine off when I have placed in the charger.

Maybe that will help you~

Kelly | Oklahoma

Best Answer
0 Votes

Andy,

I don't know if you got your phone fixed but this is what I did. After reading about fixes on the internet I did several things, trial and error period for me.

I re booted phone... didn't work. I reset settings... didn't work.

What did work, I deleted the email account that wasn't receiving notifications and then added it back to my phone. That fixed it.  I hope it works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes