Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The redesigned iOS Fitbit app is rolling out!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

I would like to announce that the redesigned Fitbit app starts rolling out today! This new app will help you reach your goals, and bring the health and wellness information right on hand.

Check out our latest blog for how to get the most out of the new app. 

Note: Please be patient if you don't see the update right away, as it will take some time to roll out completely.

Happy stepping!

LizzyFitbit_2-1695145726394.png

Best Answer
2,368 REPLIES 2,368

Glad to see other people validating my feelings about the new update. Not sure how it was any sort of improvement from previous version. Such a non legible way to read the data. Truly a disappointment, I don’t even want to open the app anymore. 

Best Answer

This update is HORRIFIC

I cannot edit my autodetected activity (for example, if FB detects Mountain Biking but I was actually Lawnmowing, there is no way to change it.)

The prior interface was FINE. This change is so terrible that I am cancelling Premium.

Best Answer

New app 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My list is so long as to what is wrong with this so called updated app…… I’m 7 years with Fitbit. Loved it until now.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS NEW APP…. HATE IT HATE IT HATE… Why have you changed it ???????

Best Answer

I have battery % now. Don't know when it showed up, but it's there...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn't there yet ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Loooooooool! I can’t believe this is still going with literally no effs given by the Google/Fitbit team. T’was my birthday the day before yesterday and the husband bought me the Garmin Venu 3S to replace my Versa I could be happier with it. The GUI is not perfect but it’s so much better than the dreadful mess that Google have turned the Fitbit one into.

Best Answer

This botched "update" may be the straw that breaks the camel's back and gets me onto an Apple Watch. The *best* thing I can say about the update is that it doesn't crash. 

Best Answer

So.. with thousands of negative feedback with regards to the "updated" Fitbit App, is Fitbit planning to fix the App? Or even simpler, just roll-back to the previous version. 

Please give us an update and a timeline.

I believe many of us here are long time loyal Fitbit users, that is why we care. I have been using Fitbit for quite a number of years, upgrading to newer models every 1-2 years. The old App was the main reason why I chose Fitbit over other brands. The "new" App is basically useless now. If there are no plans to fix it (able to edit workout name, show heart rate graph and zones throughout an activity, show proper minutes and seconds for runs, and other details, etc), then many of us will be looking to switch to another brand (likely Garmin or Apple for me). And once we switch over and get used to a new ecosystem (brand), we are not going to switch back to Fitbit.

Best Answer

I just noticed all my good exercise stats are gone. Where is my GPS map? where is the graph showing zone minutes? where are the seconds on the time?  I pay for Premium and I hope this was a huge oversight and will be fixed as soon as possible! someone from Fitbit needs to respond

Best Answer

This new app is flawed in so many ways.  For my swims it no longer tracks accurate time; only rounded to the minute...no seconds!  How is this possible?  Who could possibly think that that is a change customers would want?  It boggles the mind.  Also swim yardage no longer in the app.  And there are a number of other things eliminated (e.g. the colorful heart rate zone display) and many features that others have commented on.  I am certain I would never have bought this Fitbit if this was the state of the product at time of purchase.  We bought a Fitbit with a certain product promise, and they forced on us a different product with a diminished product promise.  We kept our promise by paying for the unit.  That's why I think any dissatisfied customer should demand a refund.  Or a roll back to the prior app version.  I'd encourage everyone who feels this way to voice it to customer service and perhaps if we all do it will be heard.  Refund or Rollback!

Best Answer

Why does the new software update take away all the useable functionality that we have had access to for year?  No longer able to categorise workouts, no longer able to see all exercise workout graphs on the same screen for comparison. Only able to see 1 week at a time.  I just don’t get it and more importantly I hate it!!!!! It’s completely unusable.  Why are you moving backwards and losing customers? Makes no sense 

Best Answer

I'm usually pretty good at embracing change and wasn't expecting to dislike the new app interface as much as I do. I've tried but after several weeks of looking at it, nope I don't like it.

It's really bland in colour and layout making it uninteresting to look at, the landing page is difficult to see because the sections aren't clearly defined and I can't find if there's a way to move the blocks around to suit my preferences, does this exist?It appears to me to be the most basic, undesigned interface I've ever seen. After years of enjoying viewing my stats, doing challenges and generally enjoying the app and the devices I've had, I'm now feeling like when my current device dies I'll be switching to a competitor. 

Best Answer
I too will be switching to something else when my FitBit dies. This App is AWFUL
Best Answer

Hideous app redesign. What were they thinking?!? All the stats are gone and the design is as bland as possible. Looks like an MVP at best. Please roll back, this is the first time I’ve ever thought I’d change to another type of device. Might happen sooner than later…..

Best Answer

It is the worst example of customer relations I have ever seen.  Who on earth would want to do business with a company that is so disrespectful and dismissive of customers?  If they think their app is so great, why don't they defend it?  I am absolutely astounded = and disgusted - by the way Google is ignoring its cusomers.  I won't be buying any Google products in the future and plan to dump Fitbit after Christmas.

Best Answer
It appears there was quite a bit of friction when Google took over Fitbit. If I had to guess, I’d say some key UI/UX designers got let go during the M&A. Google’s product marketing group dropped the ball here. If they don’t snap-to and pay attention, they’re going to kill this product line.

Then again, killing Fitbit might be Google’s strategy here, and this is certainly one way to do it.

Okay, taking off my management consulting hat now…

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

I have to agree I lost all my friends and I don't know why

Best Answer

Have had Fitbit for 8 years and used the manual log of exercise to track my tachycardia in retrospect. I could use it when I wasn't actually exercising and even for checking surges in my heart rate when I was asleep. The heart rate graph in exercise mode showed when it began and stopped, usually as an abrupt surge and then drop off to normal rates. The manual log exercise is now useless for this. And all my past records gone! Not at all happy with Fitbit. It has lost some of the functionality it had over Apple. 

Best Answer