Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's a circular icon that keeps spinning on my Notifications section

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have my Alta synced with the Bluetooth on my iPhone.  I have been receiving texts and call notifications on my Alta until recently.  In my account when I go to notifications it says sync with Bluetooth, which I've already done, and then it goes to the circular icon that keeps spinning and spinning.  Is there any way to reset my Alta?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @SunsetRunner.  Restarting your Alta is a good idea.  Here are the steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clasp the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your Alta. Alta will begin charging.
    User-added image
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer. 
  4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

It would also be a good idea to restart your iPhone.

If restarting both devices doesn't work, go back through the steps of setting up notifications.

Hope that helps.  Let us know what got it working again, once it is working again 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
Thank you for your quick response. My charging cord does not have a button. The cord that came with the Alta is short. One end clips onto the Fitbit and the other plugs into the charger I use for my iPhone. I plug it into the wall.

Is there any other way to restart my Alta? I notice the Alta doesn't stay connected to my Bluetooth. I have done a restart on my phone.

Thanks,
sryan850

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Assuming you didn't somehow get a third-party cable (you didn't get it second hand, right?), the button is at wall or plug end of  the cable, not the Alta end.

If you did somehow get the wrong cable from fitbit, you should support for a replacement.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
Wow! I looked closer at my Fitbit plug and there is a button on the end. I never realized it was there. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I will try resetting my Alta.

sryan850

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now that I followed your instructions and after pressing the button 3 times, I did get the Fitbit logo.  I unplugged but it looks like my Alta lost all its battery charge.  The Alta shows a battery with an exclamation point in the center.  On the app the battery has a red x in the center.  Is that normal?  I am charging the battery.

sryan850

Best Answer
0 Votes

That means it is flat.  Sometimes when it is that low you have to try restarting a few times to get it going again.  Take a look in an hour or so and if it hasn't changed try the restart again.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
Wow! I looked closer at my Fitbit plug and there is a button on the end. I never realized it was there. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I will try resetting my Alta.

sryan850

Sent from my iPad

Yeah, fitbit has that instruction kind of buried.  I went back and edited it to red.  Maybe it will make it less confusing for someone else reading this thread in the future.  

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for all your suggestions.  I had a positive outcome on one of my devices.  I think the Fitbit updates, I received 2, made the difference and fixed the problem on both devices.

Best Answer
Glad to hear you are back in business!

Scott | Baltimore MD

Best Answer