Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tile do not go away on Fitbit iOS app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Is there a way to disable the calorie tracker and notifications re texts and calls on the Inspire 3 on iPhone?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

@thereisnosquare   I hope this helps you customize these features:

• You can't disable the calorie tracking on the device, but you can remove the calorie icon from the Fitbit app Today screen.  Tap on the EDIT button in the upper right, then the "X" that appears on the calorie icon, then DONE in the upper right.  I'm not familiar with the Inspire 3 clock faces, but many show steps, distance, calories, etc., when you tap the Inspire 3 screen.  There might be one that doesn't show calories, but I'm not sure. This YouTube video shows them all.
  • For notifications: tap on her profile avatar in the upper left > the Inspire 3 tile > Notifications > toggle them off.
Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@LZeeW Thank you for your help and insights. 

@thereisnosquare , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message . The Ace series was developed for children ( minors).  Those models  do not show the calories and the account can be managed by the parents with the family account. 
Keep in mind, that changing the age for a minor to use a normal account, can result in wrong measurements, as many features are dependable from the age set. (eg. heart rate, burned calories, etc) 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

I tried to turn off the calories using your instructions but it doesn’t work. When I tap done it just reverts back to showing the calories. How do I fix this?

Best Answer

@thereisnosquare , Thank you for your efforts. 

The instructions provided by LZeeW , are to hide the stats on the dashboard in the Fitbit app. 
As mentioned by LZeeW you cannot remove the calories or any of the main stats  from any of the Fitbit devices. 

The only way to "hide"the stats would be on the clock face. On some of them you can tap the display and the stats shown on the clock face will cicle so that you can choose which one is shown, but when swiping to the Today menu on the tracker all the main stats will be shown there. 

You can always leave a Product Feedback.  The best place to post your suggestion is the Product Feedback board in the Fitbit community: community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features. Please take a moment and give us your comments. 

If you find a similar suggestion from another member of the community, you can vote for their suggestion and add your comments. We hope to see you there!

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Yes I understand it’s only for the Fitbit app but it doesn’t work there either. I hit the DONE button and it still just shows the calories. I’ve attached the screenshots.  

TURN OFF CALORIES

IMG_8345.jpeg

 AFTER I HIT DONE

IMG_8346.jpeg

Best Answer

@thereisnosquare , Thank you for your reply and for the pictures attached. 
Does this happen only with the calories or do any of the other stats reappear after removing any of them from the dashboard?
What phone is your  child using? 

Best Answer

I just tested it and the same thing happens with the steps and kms. She uses an iPhone SE. 

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit   @thereisnosquare   I'm having the same experience with my Fitbit app on my iPhone 13, with app version 3.84.1.  I removed floors from my Today screen some time ago.  I tried removing distance or zone minutes.  They go away, but then come right back.  Everything is there.  Now I can't get rid of floors.

I updated to the latest app version, 3.85, and the problem is still there.  Please file a new bug report.  I have iOS 16.5.1

BTW, @JuanFitbit , the OP mentioned that the child is 13 in a different post.  Too old for an Ace.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@JuanFitbit @thereisnosquare @LZeeW I am having the same issue on the Fitbit app. I am trying to remove calories, floors, and miles (to only show steps and mins) in the Today section of the Fitbit app on iPhone. When I go to Edit, select the X to remove floors, cals, and miles, and select Done, it works briefly but the three items quickly reappear. Sometimes they reappear automatically within seconds, but they definitely reappear if I close/reopen the Fitbit app or sync with my Charge 3. It seems like a bug, but I only want to use my Fitbit if I can hide the calories in the app, so it will prevent me from using it until this is fixed.

Charge 3 version 20001.88.11 and Fitbit app version 3.85 (38549035)

Best Answer

I am also experiencing this same issue.  This is very recent.  I never had trouble making changes previously, in the exact manner you have described.

Best Answer

Hi,

I have had the calories burned widget removed from my Fitbit app from day 1.

Suddenly, it keeps popping up beside my steps and km trackers. When I remove it, it just keeps popping back up.

I have updated my app and nothing works. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Best Answer

Hello @Coop216 and welcome to the Community.  You're not alone.  I'm merging your post to the existing thread.  You can follow it for any updates.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I’m having a lot of issues in the app editing the main screen. I don’t want to see the calories burned on my main app but every time i try to remove the calories widget, it comes back immediately. i don’t know what to do. 

Best Answer

@pengwenpenguin   I'm merging your post with the existing thread on this topic.  You're not the only one with this problem.

@JuanFitbit   I'm not sure when this bug appeared.  I didn't start experiencing it until I tried to help a user.  This bug is definitely present in v 3.84.1, 3.85, and 3.86.  Is there a bug report on this problem?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@LZeeW , Thank you for keeping an eye on this. The situation has been reported and our team is looking into it. Our team hasn't provided me with any update about it, but I'll be updating the thread as soon as I get any updates for you .

@all Thank you for your comments, and for your updates. They will help our Team with the investigation. 
Could you all please provide the phone model and the OS version it uses, where this is happening?

I appreciate your collaboration 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit   My iPhone 13 is running iOS 16.5.1(c), but was also having this problem with iOS 16.5.1

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I am also having the issue with the calorie tile. I need to emphasize that as a person recovering from an eating disorder and body dysmorphia, seeing this number is triggering. Would really appreciate an update on this matter ASAP, as I don’t feel comfortable using the app while this issue is unresolved.

----------

@JuanFitbit 

When can we expect a resolution to this problem? It has been one month since OP raised this concern. 
Thanks for your time and attention to this matter.

Best Answer

Hi everybody ! Thank you for your messages and phones' information. I forwarded the info to our team. 
They couldn't tell me an estimated time, but be assured that they are working on a solution for this. 

I hope this gets solved soon. Please keep an eye on the thread, as I'm going to update it as soon as I get more information. 

I appreciate all your commitment and patience until it gets solved. 

Best Answer

Hi Juan. It has been a couple of weeks. Can you provide us with an update from the team that has been working on this issue?

Best Answer