Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tip: How to use Third Party Meditation Apps with Fitbit

So a while back I wanted to use my Calm App with my Fitbit, but realized that there is no third party support to integrate the two and no manual way to record a session under mindfulness.  After some thought, I came up with a process that actually works (Note: you need two devices for this):

1) Open your favorite meditation app on a second media device connected to your headphones (in this case I used my iPad and open Calm)

2) Find a mediation on your favorite mediation app, and note the duration (in my case I picked a 10 minute session)

3) Open your Fitbit App and find a Mindfulness session with the same duration.

4) Start both mediations at the same time.  Now your Fitbit will record your session length and heart rate while you are listening to a different mediation app.  When both are finished, be sure to close the Fitbit session and click the option to "Log the Mindfulness Session".  

Happy Meditating :)))

Daniel

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @danwatson76.

Thanks for taking the time to share these tips with the Community! While I understand where you're coming from, I appreciate your efforts and I'm sure it'll help many other members to log their meditation sessions.

Our team will continue working to improve our services and make Fitbit more useful for you. I found this idea posted in the Product Feedback board, and I'd like to ask you to vote for it so our developers can take it into consideration. Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes