Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not syncing to iPhone 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit still won’t synch unless I delete the app and reload it. I have also tried re booting the device but that does nothing.

fitbit have told me there is a bug they are trying to fix but that was days ago.

i asked if it was because I was using an I phone 8 but they did not answer me.

i have to say after three Fitbits I won’t be buying anymore the only thing consistent with this product is it’s unreliability.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Vita1, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I appreciate you have let me know the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far in order to try to resolve this issue. I understand your concern about this issue after having 3 trackers already, which is why at this moment I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker.
  2. Restart your phone. 
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds, then turn it back on. 

If your tracker is still having issues syncing my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  4. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  5. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Thanks for the advice.

I got as far as disconnecting the Bluetooth and reconnecting it and it synced!!

Thanks

Tracy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vita1, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi sorry to bother you again but my Fitbit is not synching again ! I disconnected the Bluetooth but it has not worked as it did the last time. Any idea?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my third post, thanks for all the advice, but seriously? I can’t keep rebooting and disconnecting my Bluetooth everyone I want an update on my daily progress.

Fitbit told me over a week ago there was a bug? I have heard nothing since.

my fitbit doesn’t sync and clearly lots of people have the same problem.

I want my money back.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Vita1, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I understand you have already contacted our Support Team but you were not satisfied by the response you got from them. At this moment, I've contacted our Support team again on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with more options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well.

Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i just reviewed an e mail saying my issue was resolved.

its not resolved my Fitbit won’t sync each time I deal with a different person from Fitbit I get a different answer.

please can someone just make my Fitbit sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got exactly the same problem.  I’ve reinstalled app, reinstalled Fitbit and it’s not syncing.  Has been constant since switched to iPhone 8.  I’m also thinking of ditching Fitbit.  When will they sort it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ageisanunber, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. If your tracker is not syncing correctly with your iPhone 8, I would like to suggest you to try the following steps in order:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a new iPhone 8 and it is not syncing (not even finding the device) I have tried all the restarting turn on/ off Bluetooth everything but nothing is working. I have an older iPad which is says it's connected but when I open the app on the iPad it only brings up my steps no other features. 

I just want it to work at on my phone. After reading all the complaints I'm right there with e wry one else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes