Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive notifications / not connecting to Bluetooth.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have used Fitbit 2 since April and enjoyed it. Now will not consistently sync  to iPhone via Bluetooth ... sometimes yes and sometimes no. Also, not receiving notifications. Have turned phone off/on, logged out/in of fit bit app. Has worked beautifully until yesterday. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Etmiss, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Please remember that your Fitbit tracker does not connect directly through the Bluetooth settings on your phone, it connects using the Fitbit app. If you're not receiving notifications, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker
  2. As you're using a Charge 2, please press and hold the button on the side for 2 seconds,  in case "Do Not Disturb" has been enabled. A message and a vibration will let you know if "Do Not Disturb" has been turned on or off. 
  3. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show in Notification Center
    • Show on Lock Screen.

If this doesn't seem to work, let's try resetting Notifications on your tracker:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone. 
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and enable them once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Etmiss, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Please remember that your Fitbit tracker does not connect directly through the Bluetooth settings on your phone, it connects using the Fitbit app. If you're not receiving notifications, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker
  2. As you're using a Charge 2, please press and hold the button on the side for 2 seconds,  in case "Do Not Disturb" has been enabled. A message and a vibration will let you know if "Do Not Disturb" has been turned on or off. 
  3. Go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen.

If this doesn't seem to work, let's try resetting Notifications on your tracker:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone. 
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications and enable them once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Thank you so much!  Even though I had done all those things yesterday and it still did not work, when I did them again this morning, it is all working again, I think!  Thanks for hanging in there with me and all the advice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Etmiss, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I'm really glad your issue has now been resolved. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you this solution worked for me.

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

1. Restart your tracker
    • Allow Notifications
    • Show on Lock Screen.

2. Restart your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes