Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not syncing with app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App will not sync. I’ve gone through all troubleshooting. It is just continuously “looking. Fit bit is tracking fine but data isn’t not showing in app. Shows a random number for calories that don’t match what the tracker says. Started yesterday. App even updated today with no changes. Anybody going through this and know how to fix?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Rowyourboat_77, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Which tracker are you currently using? Which iPhone model are you using to sync your tracker? Would it be possible for you to describe to me each troubleshooting step you've tried so far in hopes to resolve this issue? That will be very helpful for me to determine which step should we take next. Any additional details will be helpful as well. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using a Charge HR. I have troubleshooted the sync in normal ways : closing app, turning bluetooth off and on, and making sure it have the updated version. I have not uninstalled becasue I dont want to lose my data.  I am on a iPhone 6 iOS version 11.2.6. For the last two days, it was continuously "looking", today it is continuously "syncing" but not pulling any data off of the fitbit and doesn't complete the sync. It has random numbers in calories but nothing else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is having the same problem with my iPhone 7 today 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit one is doing the same, app just says looking...using iPhone X latest version

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 6s and a charge2 and I am not receiving notifications on my Fitbit AND it isn’t pulling any data from the fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rowyourboat_77, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the information requested. It's a pleasure for me to welcome you @karmakat11@MelanieD99 and @Llaa, thanks for joining us! Smiley Happy

First of all, I would like to thank you for the troubleshooting steps you've already tried in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment I would like to try the following steps for your tracker to start syncing again:

1. Restart your tracker.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal
  4. Make sure that when you're syncing there are no other Bluetooth devices around. 

Now, if after checking these points your tracker is still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

@karmakat11, now, if your Charge 2 is having trouble receiving Notifications, please check this post and try the troubleshooting steps listed here. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes