Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not syncing with iOS app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ever since the update, I cannot seem to get my Fitbit to sync up with the App on my phone.  I completely charged the Fitbit last night and the Fitbit shows completely charged but the App shows that my Fitbit is in the red and it won't sync.  I have had this issue twice now since the update.  Plus is seems like my Fitbit is being drained faster than it used to.  I would only have to charge it once or twice a week and now it seems like it is three or four times a week.  Is the update the culprit?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @dallshouse, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Which tracker are you currently using? Have you tried to restart your tracker and your phone? If so, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Turn off the Bluetooth on your phone for 15 seconds, then turn it back on. 
  2. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the sync
  3. Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal

If your tracker is still not syncing, my best recommendation would be setting it up as a new device to reset the connection between the tracker and your phone. Don't worry, this won't delete any of the information stored in your account so far. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I'm having the battery drain issue too. It used to be every 4-5 days (and I'd get an email to remind me to charge), but now it's completely drained, and I mean dead to the touch in 24 hours or less. I would point the finger at the most recent app update because that's literally the only new factor in a Fitbit I've had for a year.

I've charged it up again this morning and turned off the all-day update switch for now but it's really annoying.

Fitbit Flex on iOS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue, followed all the instructions to reinstall my Charge HR to the app, but the app can't find my Fitbit. Now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Looper and @T_lynne_k, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

@Looper, if your tracker seems to be draining faster than usual, I would like to suggest you to check @AlvaroFitbit's excellent tips and recommendations in order to improve the battery life of your device. 

@Looper, if your Charge HR is not being recognized by the Fitbit app, please update the app if you haven't done it yet, then restart your tracker once again, only this time, leave it plugged in and charging. Then, make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere. Finally, try to set up your tracker again with the instructions listed above.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try a couple of times and if you're still having issues, please don't hesitate to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes