Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking bike with the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My only complaint with the FitBit app on my iPhone is when I am biking and I want to track my route...when starting you have the option of Run, Walk, or Hike. Why isn't Bike included? Now after my ride, I must manually categorize to Bike. Otherwise I have been with FitBit since 2012 when my son bought me a Flex for my birthday. I have since went to the Charge 2 and just recently upgraded to the Charge 3.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello there @ColdWarVet75, thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. I'm glad to hear you've been a Fitbitter since 2012! 😉

As you mentioned, when you track from the Fitbit app, you are using an app tracking feature known as MobileRun. It only tracks walk/run/hike.

Since you have upgraded to a GPS connected device (Charge 3), you may be able to use the exercise mode to record your biking activities.

I've moved your post to the iOS App as there are more chances to get related replies here.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your response
Best Answer
0 Votes