Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off Tips in iOS App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About every other tune I open the Fitbit app I get a (largely useless) tip at the top of the screen. How do I turn them off? 

Related: how do I turn off the advertisements that pop up probably once a week in the app? They’re usually for another Fitbit product. I’m using the app, and have a Fitbit, I don’t need them trying to sell me on a Fitbit product. 

I just want to open the app and see my stats. I don’t want the other frippery getting in my way. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@etherdust  I'm not going to sugar coat it, that's just the way it is now

With the google acquisition announced i'm guessing these ads  are just in preparation for all the ads we are going see down the road.

There have been multiple feature requests where users have asked to have these popups removed and fitbit openly stated they have no plans.  These requests are usually closed for "voting only" right away, but when they start to gather a lot of votes  fitbit comes in and moves the post  so it doesn't gain a lot of attention  or just flat out deletes it.

Here are a couple links  i was able to find.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Removing-Ads-from-App/idi-p/2523825

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Keep-user-specific-ads-out-of-the-app/idi-p/3921...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a question about these tips/msg popping out every now and then actually...I was reading rather useful article the other day following this "pop up msg" but as I was half way through my phone decided to die..

Is there any way to go back/find that one specific article and if so how do I get to do just that?

Can anyone help pleeeease!? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

These tips are an infuriating distraction from the value I used to get from Fitbit, hiding the personal info I want for low-quality nonsense messaging that would fit better in some 1970s grade-school filmstrip.

Some are inane - trivia about the sleep habits of people in Idaho & Montana.

Others are actively hostile to my personal diet/fitness goals – like exhortations to get "healthy carbs" and plenty of "whole wheat". (The idea this outdated info is being force-fed to a new generation raises my heart rate every time it pollutes my screen.)

Is there some way I haven't found to turn them off?

Can you add such an option, to restore the Fitbit-in-service-to-the-customer that used-to-exist? 

Best Answer
0 Votes