Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn on Bluetooth to sync your trackers... except Bluetooth is already turned on.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my first Alta, and I'm trying to  sync it to my iMac (OS 10.12.5).  I'm trying to set up the app on my Mac but I get as far as "Turn on Bluetooth to sync your trackers.  Please go to your System Preferences to turn on Bluetooth."  But Bluetooth is already on; in fact if it weren't on I wouldn't be able to use my trackpad.  And yes, the Alta is being charged (the display comes on briefly and says fitbit.com/setup).  I can't go any further.  What's up?  Thanks.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I am having the same problem, but with my iPhone 7. At first I thought it was the phone. However it connects to everything else via Bluetooth perfectly fine. 

I have restart the phone, deleted and reinstalled the app, tried with the Alta on charge and fully charged. Nothing happens. 

Would love to know how to get this sorted as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem--trying to set up a new Alta HR on my iMAC (10.10.5) and can't get past "Turn on Bluetooth to sync your trackers", though Bluetooth is on and can use a wireless keyboard no problem.

The fitbit is charged and connected by USB to the computer. Resetting by pressing the button three times doesn't work--I get the logo, then "www.fitbit.com/setup", but that's it.

Best Answer
0 Votes