Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNWANTED Recipe suggestions on the Food log page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know how I can rid myself of the spam? I've looked in every setting in the app. 

It appears to be a rolling update to the food log as my wife is also on 3.30 and doesn't have them.

IMG_0416.png

FitBit people - are you really trying to make people select someone else? Though I'm sure you are thinking you are providing a service - r-i-g-h-t. With the locks on most of the images? S-p-a-m.

And you are still messing with the icons at the bottom of the app. Third day in a row for me that they are changing back and forth.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Original poster edit : subject to better represent disappointment

Original poster edit: and again, it is the food log page NOT the food tile

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I really dislike the addition of recipes - unwanted - how can I turn this off? Spent 20 minutes with help chat and no solution. Unhappy customer here.

Best Answer

I agree, I absolutely don’t want this feature taking up space on my screen. I get enough ‘Did you know..’ tips on the main screen when I open the app for the day, I don’t need the extra stuff.

Also, I know how to cook so I don’t need Ayesha or other people pictured in these thumbnails providing guidance. I’m hoping they make this a delete-able option or just take it out completely...much sooner than later.

Best Answer

Please let us know if you figure out how to delete it. It’s driving me crazy as well!

Best Answer

I’m with you. Don’t need to see more food when I’m trying to watch what I’m eating.

Best Answer

I agree. I despise this addition / change.

Best Answer

Thanks for starting this thread.  Every time I see some additional Feature or Service I keep thinking "Google is trying to get more data and revenue from its Fitbit Community."

I won't really care that they added this feature if they had given the user an easily identified means of turning it off.

Fitbit, let us turn it off!

Best Answer

I noticed that I now have recipe suggests in my calorie tracker. The are a distraction and make it inconvenient to track my calories. How do I get rid of them?

Best Answer

Agreed. I have no interest in Fitbit’s recipes. I don’t want to see them. I want to make them go away. Also, it keeps suggesting recipes with fish and shellfish, which could actually literally kill me. 

Best Answer

You know, I could almost ignore it if they placed the advertisements below the current day's food log.

But as it is, you can no longer bring up the page and get a quick glance of the day's intake and macro summary.

You just get the "IN YOUR FACE, IDIOT".

This is much worse than the ads for Premium that cover up the full Today screen. And the other adds.

And the icons at the bottom keep switching from four to five with different placements - at least three times in the past five hours.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Please turn this @$@#$!!! off.  I want to look at my daily summaries not ads for something that I have to unlock and pay for but which I really have no interest.

I absolutely despise this change.

Best Answer

I’m planning on getting a new watch this winter, and it’s basically down to a Versa 3 or an Apple Watch SE. Right now, this is a big X in the Fitbit column that has me leaning towards the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

I chatted with Fitbit and here’s the final reply:

Rose: We do not have a way to remove the recipe suggestions on the Fitbit app. However, we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.Rose: The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features).

Best Answer

I chatted with Fitbit and here is the reply;

Rose: We do not have a way to remove the recipe suggestions on the Fitbit app. However, we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers.Rose: The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board on our community (community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features).

Best Answer

@ii013662 -

Thanks for taking the time to both chat with FitBit and them letting us know.

@KateFitbit @LiliyaFitbit @EdsonFitbit @RicardoFitbit @MarreFitbit @JuanJoFitbit -

Most of you know how much of a cheerleader I am for the FitBit device/app combination, but this Recipe section at the top of the food log page is a major step back in app usability. After how many years of being able to quickly look at the day's information to have to scroll by something that I suspect few care for is not good customer service.

And when the change is rolled out to all (my wife still doesn't have it) - - - well you might want to stand by for even more posts not as well mannered as mine have been and I really had to dial it back from what I really wanted to say.

As I said in my second post to this thread, if the ads were placed at the end of the day's log and before the previous day's summary, I wouldn't be so critical. I still wouldn't like it, but I could live with it.

And to have no option to opt out of the Recipe viewing and to recommend a Feature Suggestion Board post is just weak. My nutrients summary enhancement suggestion took 18 months to be implemented.

Best Answer

I am very frustrated by this and also did not get resolution from the help desk.

Best Answer

Hello everybody,

Thanks for participating in the forums and sharing your feedback regarding the recipe suggestions on the Food tile. @MrMarv Thank you for providing a screenshot. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. You can search for the idea first to see if one already exists so you can add your vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Incredibly disappointed in this “addition”.  I’ve put up with the increased pop ups in the app for a while now, but this is the last straw for me so I’m going to complain.  Fitbit is steadily going from a nice simple easy to use fitness tracker to an advertising vehicle and you are going to lose cust

Best Answer

Agree!!!  Fitbit please make this optional so we can delete it!!!!

Best Answer

Agree this is extremely annoying spam and testing the patience of your customers. Please allow ability to remove it. 

Best Answer