Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNWANTED Recipe suggestions on the Food log page

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone know how I can rid myself of the spam? I've looked in every setting in the app. 

It appears to be a rolling update to the food log as my wife is also on 3.30 and doesn't have them.

IMG_0416.png

FitBit people - are you really trying to make people select someone else? Though I'm sure you are thinking you are providing a service - r-i-g-h-t. With the locks on most of the images? S-p-a-m.

And you are still messing with the icons at the bottom of the app. Third day in a row for me that they are changing back and forth.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Original poster edit : subject to better represent disappointment

Original poster edit: and again, it is the food log page NOT the food tile

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
33 REPLIES 33

I agree. It’s enough to make me find a replacement for Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I agree.  Get rid of the recipes or give us the option to make them go away!  They are an absolute nuisance!

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit -

Were we picked out of millions of users to be hit with this marketing campaign for the Premium Service? I know some people, including my wife who have yet to deal with this spam locked into their food log page.

IMG_0416.png

It is bad enough that I still get this, when I have x'd-out too many times to count.

IMG_0402.png

If FitBit wants to help me manage my stress, they can take the spam off of my Food Log page.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Please get rid of these recipes. Real turn off!

Best Answer

It really is disappointing to see Fitbits Greed skyrocket after google bought them up. The devices themselves break often enough that you are likely to buy one every 1-2 years, but now for them to hide features spam you with paywall features... I'm hoping to a new competitor show the world what caring for ones health is supposed to be about. Shame on you fitbit for selling out, and selling us out too.... (fitbit users since the original fitbit charge HR)

Best Answer

My only warning is the Apple Watch, has no calorie tracker, so you need to find a new app to do this... most hide behind paywalls and the watch only lasts the day..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit @LiliyaFitbit @EdsonFitbit @RicardoFitbit @MarreFitbit @JuanJoFitbit -

Over 30 days since the rollout of of this "feature" and as of this point in time 310 votes tallied in this thread alone. And I don't have to tell you that is a huge amount of votes for one thread.

And it appears the rollout continues. My wife finally has the gag-worthy images on her food log page as of yesterday.

It is a shame I can't include @JamesPark, @EricFreidman, @LarryPaige and @SundrPichai in this new post.

As many of you know, I have always been a FitBit cheerleader, but this is just total disrespect for your customers - the people who, in the end, pay everyone's salary, including James and Eric.

Best Answer

The recipe spam has got to go. If this is how Fitbit treats its customers, then I’ve clearly made a mistake in purchasing this product. 

Best Answer

What's worst for me about the recipe suggestions is that they also cause the food logging to take an extra 3 to 5 seconds to open while they load! This experience would be poor for even those with premium since they would have to also wait this extra time while the pages load from the web. I feel like the fitbit team didn't really test this user experience.

Furthermore, as a vegan, it gives me even less incentive to purchase premium; most of the recipes don't even apply to me!

Please make this feature an opt in feature.

Best Answer
Yeah, and has anyone noticed that your food logs on the App have disappeared? You used to be able to scroll back months — now it’s only about 30 days. Been going back and forth with Fitbit to recover my logs but no solution so far — wonder if it was to make room for these blasted recipes.
Best Answer

Every time a new Fitbit update comes I hold my breath just hoping that they have gotten rid of their stupid menu items in the food tracker. I am sure some people love it, but to me it is a blight and is in my way. They need to give us the option to not show their recipe suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whats the point of raising our dislike of the recipes (or placement of same), if nothing is done about it. Add a turn off/turn on feature.

Best Answer
Absolutely.

It appears to me that Fitbit doesn't give a **ahem** what their users
want.   They seem to think that they will make a few bucks by pissing
off all but a few of their customers.
Best Answer

Completely agree get rid of this!

Best Answer