Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Sync, now unable to login iOS App.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have current iOS update 11.2.6, and my Charge 2 hasn’t been syncing for a week now. Tried resetting it, still unable to sync. Tried shutting off / turning back on Bluetooth, still unable to sync. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling app, still wouldn’t sync. Tried resetting up tracker as a new device, wouldn’t set up. Gave me error message. Uninstalled and reinstalled again, then now am unable to login to the app. Gives me error message Networkbit.HTTPError error 1. Tried on cellular data and not WiFi, as suggested by someone else but still can not login. Please help!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fixed!!! I turned off my VPN and all was fixed!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Fitbit version 22.55.02

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed!!! I turned off my VPN and all was fixed!

Best Answer

where do you go to find VPN on apple phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning off my VPN worked for me too.

Is this intentional or a bug?  Not a good development.

Best Answer

Hello @astaark@Smbergeron and @vickitoe, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@Smbergeron and @astaark, I appreciate you have come back and let us know you're now able to log in to the Fitbit app by turning off the VPN on your iPhone, I'm very glad your issue has now been resolved. @astaark, please note that the way a VPN configures network settings, that might interfere with some apps, including the Fitbit app

@vickitoe, to locate VPN settings on your phone, go to the phone Settings > General > VPN, nevertheless, if you're unable to log in to the Fitbit app and you haven't set up a VPN, please try to log in by turning off the WiFi on your phone and use your cellular data (the Fitbit app doesn't require much data for your to log in), if you're able to log in, turn on WiFi again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPad is comin up with the networkbit.httpError error 1. I cant turn WiFi off as don’t have data on my iPad. Up until last week it was working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all of the above suggestion but didn't work. I do have a VPN: went to the VPN app. and disable cellular data. Turned off WIFI and then it went through to fitbit.

I have a problem when someone is trying to be responsible and use data protection, such as a VPN, and then have apps that force you to drop that protection even for a minute. Discourages use of best practices in my view.

Best Answer

Hello @Mummag and @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know that after turning off the VPN on your device, you were able to log in to the Fitbit app. @Mummag, please note that VPN's or parent blocks might affect the Fitbit app (among others) so if you have any enabled, please disable them before logging in and/or syncing your device. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep us posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning my VPN off worked.

Flip2 is correct. I can use Google Maps with my NordVPN pointing to a different country. I used to be able to use Fitbit with NordVPN turned on. Now to use Fitbit I have to turn my VPN off? So I have to choose between a responsible attitude to Data Protection and Fitbit now? Hey, guess which choice comes out on top.

I suggest you get this issue fixed asap!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hamish000, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I understand it's not ideal for you to keep your VPN turned off in order to use the Fitbit app. 

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can comment and vote for it so it can be implemented in the future.

Feel free to share your suggestion with your friends and family to add more votes and comments, this is the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes