Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Charge 3 on iPhone XR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new iPhone XR is not connecting with my new Charge3

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Moore4you23, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. If you're having trouble setting up your Charge 3, please try the following steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Charge 3.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the tracker one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta will not connect with my XR, I see it’s not a supported device. I get notifications for calls just not texts. I have tried all the steps in this post and other posts. Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RandiTollner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and reported this to us. Please note the iPhone XR is already listed as a compatible device and should work fine with your Alta. Take in consideration that 

Notifications skip or stop occasionally for several reasons that don't suggest a problem with your device or the Fitbit app, which is why I would like to ask you to check the following:

• Your phone was too far away. It must be within 30 feet of your Fitbit device to transmit the notification.
    For texts, you have the conversation open on your phone. Your Fitbit device shows new texts you haven't already read.
    You changed a related setting on your phone, such as turning on Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode. To double check all requirements, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • You're using another Bluetooth product. If you have Bluetooth products like speakers, headsets, or car stereos paired to your phone along with your Fitbit device, you may have trouble using more than one at the same time. For example, turning on your speaker might stop your phone from sending a notification or syncing. For more information, see Is the Fitbit app interfering with other Bluetooth devices?
  • The connection between your phone and Fitbit device is unstable. Bluetooth signals are susceptible to disconnecting or dropping occasionally. 
  • The app that should send the notification can't do so. Check all the phone and Fitbit app requirements in How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 
  • Your device was syncing. Syncing can sometimes prevent or delay a notification. 
  • You just updated the Fitbit app. Restart your phone and try setting up notifications again.
  • Device lock is active on your Fitbit watch and you haven't recently entered your PIN. Tap your watch screen to see if the device lock prompt appears. If it does, enter your PIN.

If you've reviewed the list above and can't get notifications to work, please try the following:

1. Force-quit the Fitbit app, then open it again and sync your tracker.
  2. Restart the Bluetooth on your phone once again.
  3. Reset your Versa once again.
  4. Refresh Notifications:
    • From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon 
    • Tap Notifications.
    • Turn off all notifications
    • Restart your phone.
    • Open the Fitbit app and turn notifications back on.
  5. Set up Notifications again:
    • Tell your phone to "forget" your device, removing the connection between the phone and the Fitbit device. 
      1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and find your Fitbit device in the list.
      2. Find an option to forget the device.
    • Open the Fitbit app and set up notifications again.

I hope this can be helpful, please give these steps a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work. Is there a bug in the iOS that you are aware of? I have tried all of the suggestions with no change. It won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @adamklawonn, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread. Would it be possible to let us know exactly which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? Addiitonally, I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further, please reply with as much informaiton as you can:

• iPhone model you're using. 
  • Device you're weearing.
  • OS version running on your phone. 
  • App version installed on your phone. (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple has confirmed that the charge 3 is compatible with the iPhone xr. If i can solve my issues with them ill post it here. My Charge 3 worked for a few weeks on my iPhone xr then it wouldn't connect at all, and this has been going on since November 2018. It wont even show up as a device on the bluetooth settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @EHarris, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and shared your experience with us. Tell me, are you having trouble syncing your Charge 3 or setting it up? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? If so, please let us know which ones have you tried so we can determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes