Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add friends with MobileTrack

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using Mobile Track on my Apple iPhone 12, I set up a private group for my work team so we can use friendly competition to get people moving. only problem is i cannot get friend requests or send friend requests to people that are also using Mobile Track. If one person has a fitbit device it works fine, but if the user has Mobile Track the request acts like its sent, but the user never gets the request and the same if they send me a request. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @zack.saylor and welcome to the Help forum.  I am going to flag your post to get a moderator to help.  The Fitbit MobileTrack Help article definitely says that MobileTrack users can add friends.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input @LZeeW.  It's great to have you here! @zack.saylor

Thanks for the details shared on your post. As you have been told by @LZeeW, you should be able to add friends even though you are using only MobileTrack with the Fitbit app. Please confirm if you're doing the following to add friends from the Fitbit app: 

1. Tap the Today tab and tap your profile picture. 
  2. Tap your name > View All Friends Add Friends
  3. Choose a method to find friends, then tap the Add Friend icon next to the name or email address of the person you want to add.

If the issue persist, I recommend trying the following: 

1. Log out from the Fitbit app 
  2. Clear the app cache 
  3. Restart your phone 
  4. Log back in and try to add friends

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still having the issue after completing the steps above. The other user even uninstalled and reinstalled the app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@zack.saylor Thanks for your response and for trying the provided steps. 

I suggest, trying one more step:

1. On the Fitbit app tap the Today tab
  2. Tap notifications and check that "Friend Requests" is enabled on notifications and emails. If it is, disable it and force-quit the app again. 
  3. Open the app, go back to Account > Notifications and enable "Friend Requests" again.

If the issue still persists, please try to send the invite using fitbit.com dashboard:

1. On the fitbit.com dashboard, hover over the Friends tile and click Find Friends.
  2. Under Find More Friends, choose a method to add friends, and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you don't see the Friends tile on your dashboard, add the tile.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes