Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Charge 3 to Bluetooth.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How my iphone bluetooth say "connection unsuccessful make sure charge 3 is turned on and in range"  - The charge 3 is always on and how much more "in range" can it be then on my wrist while the phone is in my hand? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @AlexThom

Your posts were merged and moved into the iOS forum area so you can receive more relevant responses.

Hope this is soon fixed for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello @AlexThom, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @Odyssey13, thanks for keeping the boards organized. Smiley Happy

@AlexThom, I sincerely apologize for the delay in the response. Please note that the message you're receiving is because you're trying to connect your tracker through the Bluetooth Settings on your phone. Fitbit devices do not pair or sync this way but through the Fitbit app. At this moment, if you're setting up your Charge 3, please open the Fitbit app and follow these steps:

1. Tap on the Account icon at the top right, then tap on 'Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Unable to connect to Charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Brubswick , have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Would it be possible for you to let us know if you're having trouble setting up your Charge 3 or syncing it? Which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This information will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have turned my phone off and back on. I have done the samewirh  the iPad. I have clicked Bluetooth Charge 3 and get the message  “Make sure “Charge 3” is turned on and in range.”  Have tried turning the Bluetooth off and back on. I have turned it off on one device and back on the other.  I do no none how much more range the charge can be than on my wrist while holding the phone. The thin blue line indicating synch simple does not appear. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, I have noticed when my charge 3 fails to Bluetooth connect to my iPad, it has often been because the charge 3 is still connected to my iPhone.  Seems my Fitbit can only connect to one device at a time.  So I just run through every device other than the one I want to connect and switch Bluetooth off on those other devices.  Some of you having difficulties may be successful this way, good luck, regards Des

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to pair my Charge 3 through the app and keep getting the same message saying pairing was unsuccessful try again. I keep both the phone and fitbit on the chargers. 

The phone and fitbit were previously paired for over a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, well I just disconnected my charge 3 using the settings Bluetooth screen on my iPad and using forget this device. Then I went to the app Today screen and swiped down.
‘Synching your charge 3’ showed then the progress bar went left to right the ‘Synch complete!’ showed.
My suggestion is just to keep swiping down on the App today screen. Make sure all other fitbits are at the other end of the house, and device and the Fitbit are recently charged. Good luck. Regards Des

Des & Linda Howard
Best Answer
0 Votes