Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit sleep log

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having trouble editing the sleep log on iOS / Sense. More correctly stated,  I am having trouble with my edits saving in the app on iOS with a Sense. 
Sometimes I have to edit and save 6 or more times and force several syncs to get the edited times to stick. Anyone else have this issue? 
Since I am on my tablet for 15-20 minutes each night before I go to sleep (don’t judge) I like to edit my sleep log in the morning to more accurately account for when I close my eyes. This is extremely difficult and frustrating process since it takes me so many tries to get it to stick after saving. 
Is this a user/device issue on my end or are others experiencing this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Boldt 

I’d try logging out of your Fitbit App, restarting your tablet (or shut down then restart) then log back into the Fitbit App and try editing your sleep log again to see if that improved the problem. 

More information on editing sleep logs can be found here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306.htm. It states that for devices that receive sleep stages, if you extend your time asleep, you may notice gaps at the beginning or end of your sleep stages. I just wanted to point that out in case you were experiencing that. 

😉 I hope a simple restart and refreshing the tablet fixes the issue. Please let me know. On another note I certainly wouldn’t judge you for spending 15-20 mins on your tablet each night before going to sleep. 😂 I think I spend about that much time myself doing the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @SunsetRunner (I had a feeling that others shared my bad habit :-))

I just tried that (signed out of fitbit app, forced closed all apps, shutdown, left my iPhone off for 5 min (for good measure), then turned it back on. Following the reboot I signed back into the fitbit app, then immediately went to my sleep logs and edited last night logs. It took me 3 times (editing, saving), returning to the main page, syncing, then checking the log) before my edits actually "stuck". Keep in mind I am only snipping these 15-20 min off the beginning of my sleep cycle, then the last 15-20 minutes on the wake side of it.

One thing I neglected to say that often the app will "close" after saving the change logs frequently. It does not force close the app, just closing and returning me to the home screen (I can open it again by swiping up, and navigating back to fitbit).

I was aware that there might gaps. In my case I am only shrinking my sleep log and not extending. Thanks!

I suppose the next step might be completely uninstalling the fitbit app and then reinstalling. However I am running the latest version 3.64 (36439005). Let me know your thoughts, thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Boldt 

😏 Shared bad habits is perfectly natural. Lol 

Please reframe from considering a complete reinstall of the Fitbit App at this time. Especially since you are using an iOS device. Apparently doing so is causing issues with individuals (crashing app) who have recently updated. 

‘Keeping that in mind… have you noticed this editing issue since the last Fitbit App update? I’m asking because I’m wondering if that may be the cause at this moment. I have no proof of this but there seems to be a lot going on with the most recent update. Just a thought. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly I feel that this issue has been happening for many months at this point. I finally got tired of repeating the edit and decided to post here on the forum. 
I’ll hold off on reinstalling, I’d rather not introduce more trouble than I’m trying to solve! 
Hopefully this will work itself out in a future update, but I am curious to know if this is happening to others or specific to my setup? 

Best Answer

I’m sure your setup was correct @Boldt and this is certainly not a user issue but something glitchy in the Fitbit App itself. I personally haven’t seen this particular issue as a growing problem but I’ll certainly keep my eyes open and let you know if I come across a solution or if I notice an uptick in individuals reporting the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes