Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Notifications on Alta.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the fitbit app update last week, Text and phone notifications no longer show up on my fitbit alta. What can I do to restore this.? Missing immediate text and phone notifications.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MarcieOH, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Julia_G, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@MarcieOH, thanks for your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for having already tried the troubleshooting steps @Julia_G kindly provided. At this moment I would like to suggest you to restart your Alta if you haven't done it yet. If you're still not receiving Notifications, please try to set up your Alta as a new device to reset the connection between your Alta and your phone. Don't worry, all the information already stored in your account won't be deleted. 

To set up your Alta as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Additionally, make sure to go to your phone Bluetooth Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen.
  • Show in History.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @MarcieOH, I would suggest going to your phone's Bluetooth settings and if your Alta is showinf up there choose "forget device" so that you can set up notifications again from scratch.

Then go to Fitbit app (NOT phone's bluetooth settings) and choose notifications.  You should then be prompted to "pair" your device.  Once it is repaired you should be able to receive notifications again.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
The solution you suggested didn't work. Still cannot receive text or cell phone notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarcieOH, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Julia_G, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@MarcieOH, thanks for your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for having already tried the troubleshooting steps @Julia_G kindly provided. At this moment I would like to suggest you to restart your Alta if you haven't done it yet. If you're still not receiving Notifications, please try to set up your Alta as a new device to reset the connection between your Alta and your phone. Don't worry, all the information already stored in your account won't be deleted. 

To set up your Alta as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Additionally, make sure to go to your phone Bluetooth Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

• Allow Notifications
  • Show on Lock Screen.
  • Show in History.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes