Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Notifications on my Fitbit device.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got a new iPhone XR and now I don’t get text messages on it anymore. How do I fix

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not sure, but I am having the same issue with my iphone 6 and charge 2.  I am not getting ANY notifications.  Not text, phone calls, calendar notifications, etc.  I used to get text and phone call but I don't know what is going on.  I need to be able to silently get these things for my job and need to have things on me.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @melsmarsh and @GW27, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Have you restarted your tracker lately? If so, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg 

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNot.png

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, actually I did do all of the bluetooth disconnect and reconnects and
rebooted the tracker last night. I am now getting a buzz for some
notifications (I've gotten two in 16 hours when I should have gotten more),
but now my steps are not counting.

"The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to
keep us out; the brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how
badly we want something." - Dr. Randy Pausch
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @melsmarsh, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back after trying the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. When you mention your steps are not counting, does that mean you're not able to see the steps increasing on your tracker or are they not showing up in the app Dashboard after syncing? Have you restarted your tracker and your phone already? If so, please let us know so we can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear form you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already spoke back and forth to customer service on Twitter, email etc with an accuracy rate of only 58% for steps at best (not to mention the flakey notification issues) they realized the tracker is broken somehow despite the fact I treat this thing more gently than my iPhone or anything else I have.

It’s under warranty luckily so I’m supposed to be getting a replacement. I still want to know what I did because my charge 1 lasted a pretty long time while doing the same thing to it. And my Fitbit one lasted for a while until I think I lost it somehow.

Sent from my iPhone please excuse any typos.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @melsmarsh, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for coming back and let us know you have already reached our Support Team and they have sent a replacement to you, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our trackers but that's why every Fitbit tracker comes a limited product warranty and in case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reach out again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes