Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get text Notifications on Charge 2.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Some time ago (like around Christmas I believe) my Fitbit Charge2 text notifications stopped working from my iPhone8 running iOS 12.1.4. I have continued to receive phone call notifications and calendar updates, but not text. I have gone through all the steps to “reset, reload, etc, etc., etc.”- even went as far as to do a factory reset on the Fitbit in an effort to get the text notifications to work, but to no avail. Made sure all notification settings on the iPhone were ‘on’, made sure the notifications were turned ‘on’ on the Fitbit, but nothing.  Also called Fitbit support, spent more than 45 minutes troubleshooting, only to be told it was an issue with the iOS software, and should be “fixed with the next update.” Since then, several Fitbit & iOS updates have done nothing to address this issue. Long story short, I still do not recieve my text notifications. I read all these threads saying “it wqas such an easy fix” so I must be the dumbest individual among us all, because I have yet to figure out how to get my text message notifications to show on my Fitbit. 

Moderator Edit; Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dlanders80 I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank you for letting us know you've already tried to troubleshoot this situation and have already contacted our Support Team. 

At this moment, I would like to ask you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Messages and make sure the following is enabled:

TextNotifications.png

Make sure that under Sounds you have selected any other than "None". 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @dlanders80 I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank you for letting us know you've already tried to troubleshoot this situation and have already contacted our Support Team. 

At this moment, I would like to ask you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Messages and make sure the following is enabled:

TextNotifications.png

Make sure that under Sounds you have selected any other than "None". 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit THANK YOU... for being the one who came up with the solution to my issue. Hard to believe it was so simple (yeah, I know, someone else commented along the same lines! LOL), but I have learned a valuable lesson, that can also be shared with others as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dlanders80 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know the troubleshooting steps provided earlier were helpful for you, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes