Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in after IOS 12.1.2 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It always makes me nervous updating my Iphone as lately the update impacts an app.  I just updated to IOS 12.1.2 and it won't let me log in. The message I'm getting is:

An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made.

I am assuming that I am getting this because of the update and not because of anything else e.g. at the Fitbit end.  As an active Fitbit user it's disappointing when I can't use this wonderful app which I have recommended to others 😞

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @kwantie, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know exactly the error you're getting when trying to log in. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to try to a different WiFi Network or try to log in with cellular data. Please check if your WiFi Network does not have a child block or VPN enabled. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thanks for your quick reply.  It was odd that this started to occur for the very first time right after I upgraded my celphone.  It appears that this wasn't related to the update, but was around connectivity even though I was able to connect to other cel phone apps.  Today it seems to be connecting OK, both via my home wifi and without wifi.  Thanks again for your suggestions. Happy holidays to you.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue with my Versa after letting the 12.1.2 update run on my phone, and I share your disappointment.  I hope I am lucky enough that mine resolves, too.  Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just wanted to respond to this post as well.  Thank you, Marco!  I tried these steps at home, and it wouldn’t work, so I turned off the WiFi on my phone and went to work.  My Fitbit app kept turning off the “All day sync,” so I let it go, let it run a “sync now” cycle, and it pulled in the data I was missing due to it’s inability to sync after Apple’s 12.1.2 update.  

It’s stressful when the app won’t work because I love it so much!  The FItbit app is a big part of why I am so committed to Fitbit.  Thank you for your advice!

Best Answer

It's interesting to hear that someone else had a problem once they upgraded to the latest IOS update!

I wasn't sure what the problem with connectivity was at first.  After not being able to connect on my cel at home, I opened it away from home when not on wifi anywhere, and when it worked there, I knew it wasn't FITBIT, but something to do with connectivity at home. 

Sounds like yours is working now. That's good.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, same thing! I lost a lot of time this morning trying to reconnect st home. I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, with no effect. It wasn’t until I turned off work-go on my cell and went to work that it engaged. I’m glad you are up and running, too!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @kwantie and @JanetMcC, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like I spoke too soon.  My fitbit app wanted me to log in again (I have to admit it's not as nice having to log in periodically over it just loading).  When I tried logging in, it wouldn't connect.  It did later so I have to do some testing to see when it will work and when it won't.  I didn't have any of these problems until right after I upgraded by IOS to the next update. Will keep you posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So happy we can help each other! Hopefully our FitBit sorcerers will resolve the issue, but at least we can get by in the interim. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to purchase a new cell phone for other reasons the past week, so I can't address this topic any further. 
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having an issue logging in to the app on my iPhone after the update to 12.1.2 as well.  My error is just the generic “oops something went wrong” when I try to log in to the app.  At first I thought it was my user name or password, but when I came online to the web via my computer I have no problems.

Right now, nothing seems to work to allow me to log in which is sad as I am active in weekday step challenges which I cannot sync my steps to (my surge has never sync’d via the dongle/computer - just app).

Any suggestions to resolve would be great as it is clearly on the device side.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes