Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to the Fitbit app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good afternoon,

I have a Fitbit Blaze and Smart scales which haven't been able to sync for many days now due to the IOS app not allowing me to Login.

Note I am able to login perfectly well on the website with my Facebook account.

Using the same details I am not able to login on the app.

Things I have tried:

- Correct Login / password details as per above

- Deleting the app and redownloading, followed by switching off and on again, and then trying to enter the correct details

- Toggling auto date time settings (some weird thing mentioned in another post ages ago - worth a shot!)

Error message on the app continues to say "Please check that your email and password are correct"

They are.

I have tried the password reminder as well but no message ever gets through to my email account to help me. Either way, the correct details work online but not the app so the access information itself isn't the issue. Thee app's login function is not working.

Any known solutions or is it time for me to look at alternative options?

Device = IPhone 6

Many thanks,

Rizwaana.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Earthgrazer, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention and for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. Tell me, when you mentioned "password reminder" does that mean you've tried to restart the password on your account? If so, did you try from the app or the online Dashboard? At this moment, I would like to ask you to try to restart your password again by following these steps:

1. Go to www.fitbit.com/login.

2. Click the "Forgot Password" link.
3. Enter your email address associated to your Fitbit account and click "Submit."

If you're not able to see the password reset email on your inbox, please check the spam or junk folders. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response Marco, as I was saying above I tried the reminder process but this doesn't work. I can login on the web and everything is fine with the correct details so this wasn't incorrect in any case . My stats are there on the web. I also flagged a data breach as I used my Facebook Social login to access my account as normal and it had someone else's email address against my stats which is very strange. I escalated this to Help where I have a reference number due to the sensitive nature of the issue now. It's possible this data problem Fitbit are experiencing may have sent details to someone else so I am reluctant to keep trying.

FYI Marco, the Help team mention that even though I logged in successfully on web with my Facebook account and can link to my details they weren't able to to find my email address so something very specific is happening.

Kind regards 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Earthgrazer, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared with me the details about your issue and for letting me know you've already contacted our Support Team. At this moment I would like to suggest you to keep troubleshooting with them due to the sensitive nature of the issue at hand. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you through this and get you back on track. 

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, have a great day!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes