Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to the app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few days back the app would load to my iPhone7 running on iOS 10.3. So I deleted the app to re download it. For a couple of days it wouldn't download from the AppStore at all. Not it has downloaded, but despite me re-setting my log-in password it won't let me log into the app. But I can log in via the web. I'm bereft without the app. Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Mikeyodell, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, are you receiving an error message when you try to log in to the app? If so, please reply to me with a screenshot of the error message you're receiving so I can check this further. 

In the meantime, as you're able to log in to your online Dashboard I would like to suggest you to reset the password for your account and try to log in again to the Fitbit app after the password has been changed. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Mikeyodell, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, are you receiving an error message when you try to log in to the app? If so, please reply to me with a screenshot of the error message you're receiving so I can check this further. 

In the meantime, as you're able to log in to your online Dashboard I would like to suggest you to reset the password for your account and try to log in again to the Fitbit app after the password has been changed. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thanks. I'd already changed the password when I logged in via my laptop, but I will try that again

M

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I got a new 8+ iPhone Saturday. The Fitbit app worked on Friday, logged in, receiving notifications, updating etc.  I am able to login with the website however not with the app. I get a message stating wrong login information.  I’ve tried resetting the password from the app as well as the website. however the request never reaches my email to complete the process. I’ve deleted & reinstalled the app on my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mikeyodell, thanks for taking the time to reply. Thanks for joining the conversation @DebbydG, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@Mikeyodell, thanks for following the troubleshooting steps provided earlier, I hope your issue gets resolved, please keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

@DebbydG, if you're not getting the password reset emails, please check your junk or spam folder as sometimes email providers might detect our emails as spam.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning!
I’ve checked the spam several times throughout the process. They’re not in the spam/junk folder either.

Moderator Edit: Removed personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I tried resetting my password which I was able to do on my laptop.

However, when I enter my email and new password on the app, I just get a spinning wheel and no action to log me in.

So I'm stuck with no app.

I'm wondering if this is an issue with my iPhone rather than the app? But I can't see why that might be since my other apps seem to work fine

Any other ideas?

Thanks
M

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

well ive self-solved. I downloaded the new iOS 11 and that has fixed the issue. No problem activating the fitbit app after that and all is now fine. So it was an iOS related issue it seems. 

Thanks for checking it out 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I must be doing something incorrectly because I'm still not receiving an email to reset my password. The email request has been requested from the website as well as the newly downloaded app on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mikeyodell and @DebbydG, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Mikeyodell, thanks for coming back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@DebbydG, please update your phone OS to the latest version (11.0.3) and then try to reset your password again, please keep in mind that these emails might take a couple hours to arrive. If you're still not receiving them, please check for typos on the email address and if you don't receive the email after 24 hours please reply to me so I can investigate this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! Apparently I have a similar situation as the last time. 

I am not able to log into to recently downloaded app. Nor am I able to receive a reset email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DebbydG, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
It's been resolved. 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DebbydG, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I appreciate all the assistance I've received!!
Best Answer