Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair Blaze to my account.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband got given a Fitbit Blaze a couple of years ago and sadly has never really used it so yesterday we deleted his account and set one up for me on my iPhone 5s and downloaded the app. Once the account was set up I followed all the instructions to set up a new device on my phone and despite all the troubleshooting hints of turning the Bluetooth on and off, restarting the Fitbit, rebooting my phone etc etc the iPhone still is unable to find the device to pair to it. I spent about an hour on the phone with the Fitbit support girl who eventually after trying exactly the same as I had re above, informed me that “technical dept are aware of a problem” and the issue should be fixed as soon as possible, however,  as this seems to be a standard response from most technical companies, when things become too difficult to fix, I am sceptical. Has anyone else had this problem or give me any advice

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Beenut20 and @jenny48, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Beenut20, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! 

@jenny48, thanks for coming back and let me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier; tell me, has your husband's account been deleted recently? If so, that might be affecting the set up process because the account needs a bit of time to be completely deleted. If you're still having an error 500 when trying to set up the tracker on your account, please let me know so I can determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @jenny48

It does seem the iOS users have had a bit of a problem.

By any chance, do you have access to a computer to see if you can get set up that way?

We're here for you!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply. I do have a PC but it is as old as the Ark and rarely gets used. My iPhone /iPad are my main devices.
Thanks anyway
Jenny

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jenny48   you try the iPad? Be sure to have other bluetooth devices out of range.

If support knows there is an issue, then they are working on it.

Your husband never used the Blaze?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue! I tried turning on and off Bluetooth, deleting and restarting app, I can no longer get it to pair, but it was pairing just fine a week ago. Not sure if there was some update that’s bunk or what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jenny48 and @Beenut20, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. I appreciate your help @Odyssey13, it's always nice to see you around.  Smiley Happy

@Beenut20 and @jenny48, I appreciate you have reported this situation to me and for letting me know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. 

@jenny48 and @Beenut20, I understand you were said this is an issue that our team is looking into. However, I would like to ask you to try the following steps in order to check if your Blaze can be set up. I know you have tried some of them before, but please try them again in order:

1. Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  2. The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  3. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  4. Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.
  5. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  6. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process. Turn off your iPad too.
  7. Restart your Blaze by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen, then plug it in, make sure it's charging and try to set up again.
  8. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone and try to set up again.
  9. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Blaze one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! 

Best Answer

Hi 

Thank you for responding. Yes I had already done everything you advised. There were no previous devices on my Bluetooth connections.

i did eventually manage after about 20 tries to have my iPad find my Blaze but when I entered the code it was not able to connect. I just kept getting the 500 error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jenny48, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply after trying the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. Smiley Happy

Tell me, have you updated the Fitbit app recently? If you're still getting an error 500 after updating the app, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Uninstall the app, restart your mobile device and install it back. If this doesn't seem to work:
  • Make sure there are no filters or blocks in your WiFi Network (some child-blocks prevent the Fitbit app from working properly)
  • Connect to a different WiFi Network. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Marco
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately although I have tried all of the above nothing is being resolved. I’ve had every possible Bluetooth device in my home except my iPhone turned off and the code still won’t connect my phone to my blaze. As originally when we set the blaze up to my husbands iPad ( this app and Bluetooth connection has now been deleted from all his devices so as not to cause a conflict) and there was no problem at that time my home WiFi cannot be causing the problem.
However I have read that many people using IOS are experiencing sync problems lately. I shall attempt once more after the next IOS update after which I shall give up.
Regards

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That did it! I had to delete the app, reinstall it, then restart my Fitbit
by plugging it in and holding the button for 4 sec, then “set up a new
device” and it worked finally. I think there may have been an app update
that was broken perhaps? Thanks for the tips. I thought maybe my Fitbit
Bluetooth was shot. But it was just a pairing problem perhaps. All is well!

Thanks,
Heather
--
Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Beenut20 and @jenny48, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Beenut20, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! 

@jenny48, thanks for coming back and let me know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier; tell me, has your husband's account been deleted recently? If so, that might be affecting the set up process because the account needs a bit of time to be completely deleted. If you're still having an error 500 when trying to set up the tracker on your account, please let me know so I can determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer

Yes . My husbands account was deleted just over a week ago. I was just able today to pair my Blaze today so ty for your assistance.

Best Answer

Wonderful news @jenny48  it's good to see you're back to tracking those steps!

Thanks for the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jenny48, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the the time to reply. It's nice to see you too @Odyssey13Smiley Happy

@jenny48, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer