Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive Messages on fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of my messages via fitbit app somehow disappeared and now I can't see whenever I receive a message. I only receive noticitaion via email that someone sent a message or cheered/taunt

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @MiguelB, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's nice to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

If you're not receiving private messages, taunts or cheers, please check your notification settings on the online Dashboard and make sure the mobile option is enabled under Messages from Friends. Then, go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and check that the following options are enabled:

• Allow Notifications.
  • Show in Notification Center
  • Show on Lock Screen.

Additionally, select Banners or Alerts for the type of Notification. You should now be able to receive a message on your phone whenever someone messages, cheers or taunts you. To check your messages, open the Fitbit app, tap on Notifications on the menu at the bottom and then on Messages.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I've already done all the trouble shooting and I still get notifications for text messages . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lizzylexa0602, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to see new faces around the Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps I provided above. Which tracker are you currently using? If you're using a Charge 2 please make sure your tracker is not currently on the Do Not Disturb mode by pressing down the button on the side for 2 seconds while on the clock face, a message and a vibration will let you if Notifications have been turned on or off.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work . Got a case number 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not receiving messages from my IPhone when a message comes in or when my phone rings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks❣️  I did push the button and my Fitbit did vibrate. I'll wait now to see if I get a notification when a message comes into my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I pushed the button it read "no notification ". However I did just receive a phone 

message and my Fitbit did not vibrate or notify me. It's real good at telling me when I need more steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lizzylexa0602, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know you have contacted our Support Team, I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you further. Please, feel free to reply and let me know the outcome. 

Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes