Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive call/text Notifications on Ionic.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have tried close to 20 things to get call and text notifications from my IPhone to Ionic, Wife and kids having same issue with Ionics and Versas.

Anyone else having these issues?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I have been trying to trouble shooting this for a couple week s now.  I even deleted and re-loaded the app and re-synched to my phone.  Still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've even gone to the point of uninstalling the app and re-installing and re-pairing.  Oddly, I am getting calendar notification, no texts and no call notifications

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue started for me yesterday and I have tried numerous things to fix it with no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RobTheRipper@jjcamp03 and @amstx6405 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Thanks for letting us know you've already tried to troubleshoot this situation on your side.

Tell me, have you restarted your Ionic already by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. Now, if you have already restarted your Ionic, make sure it's not currently in the Do Not Disturb (DND) mode by pressing down the button on the side for 2 seconds, in here check that Notification have been set to ON. If everything seems to working fine, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and Settings > Notifications > Messages and check that the following is enabled:

NuNot.png

After that, go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Messages and make sure that under Sounds, you have selected a tone other than "None":

TextNotifications.png

Give this a try and let us know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I followed the steps and now I can receive messages but the messages pop up and disappear so quickly I can’t read them. Then when I go to the message center on my Versa it says there are no messages there and I’m all caught up. Something is still not right. Now what?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @amstx6405 thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have joined us and report this situation to us. I would like to thank you for having followed the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. At this moment, I would like to ask you to restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. Then, when you receive Notifications again, if they disappear quickly, please let us know. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give this a try and in case you need anything else, please let us know as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, the issue resolved for a day but as of this morning I’m back to not receiving notifications on my Versa. I don’t feel like having to go through the steps to try and get it working every morning. I don’t have time for that.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @amstx6405 I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

I appreciate you have come back and let us know you're still experiencing this situation. At this moment I would like to suggest you to go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, go to the Fitbit app app and enable Notifications again. 

When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue. This should establish a new Bluetooth link between your device and your phone making Notifications reach your device more easily.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give this a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes