Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove steps when adding a Biking activity.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went for a cycle and instead of tracking my bike it added onto my steps. I logged my activity "biking" and it still hasn't removed them from my step count? Does anyone know how I can get rid of them? Thanks 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ambers98, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's nice to have you on board! Robot Happy

At this moment, steps recorded when a tracker auto-recognizes an activity can't be removed when the activity is categorized (in your case as Cycling). The only way to remove these steps is to delete the activity and add it manually once again. In order to prevent this situation to happen again, please go to your device settings on the online Dashboard and check if your tracker is set to be used on your Dominant or Non-dominant hand, if it's set up for the Dominant hand, please wear the tracker on your Non-Dominant hand, this will help decrease the sensitivity and steps won't be counted towards your exercise without affecting the auto-recognition.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes