Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reply to direct messages.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have received several messages in the app but when I try to reply nothing happens

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject. 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

This seems like a very odd situation, since when did you start experiencing it? Have you force-closed the app already by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app? If so, please try to log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. It's possible that the app is not updating the information with our servers correctly, which is why you're not able to reply to direct messages.

I hope this can be helpful, please give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have force restarted, deleted and reinstalled the app and still cannot reply to direct messages...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Robot Happy

When you're trying to reply to a message, is the person who sent you the message added to your friend list? are you getting an error message? If so, please take a screenshot and reply to me with it so I can check this further. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes the person is in my friends list...
I'll select reply and type a message then the send button will enable
I'll click send then nothing... I'm assuming that I should be able to see the entire message thread but if I'm not maybe it is working...also I can't delete any messages...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for replying and answering my questions, I really appreciate it. 

This seems rather odd, however, I would like to know if the person texting you is able to receive your responses. If they are or aren't, please let me know so I can forward this information to our team so they can take a better look at this. 

Thanks for your patience once again, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same problem. I reply to a message and send the reply, but it doesn't show it in my app, the recipient doesn't receive it and the notification of a new message received remains in place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Prnorth thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that when you send a message through the Fitbit app, you won't be able to see it on your side, only the recipient. Now, if the recipient is not receiving the message, please ask them to force-quit the app, then open it again to force a refresh. You can do this as well to remove the "new message" notifications in the app. 

If you're still experiencing this issue after following these steps, please let us know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got some friends sending me messages I can’t reply back it will say, you’re not friends with this user but I got their messages and we are friends already so I don’t understand this 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I don't know what is going on.. My friends sent me message and when I reply to they message I was told that conversation has ended.
Best Answer

I've this same issue have you been able to resolve it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't why this just started any time I tried to send text messages to my Friends on my list it shows this conversation has ended and the message will not go through I don't why this is happening, it just started today. And it is so frustrating and annoying... Please tell me how to fix it please

Best Answer