Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Community tab in app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just read a blog post titled "New fitbit community makes it easier to find friends..."

It states that Community has taken the place of Friends, but in my app (and I checked the update in the App Store) it just still shows friends.  Is my App outdated?  There are also many other recent issues where trouble shooting posts just does not work for me.  For example I had an issue with syncing a gps activity with Strava, fitbit indicated everything well on their side, one of Strava's suggestions was to export using TCX export with some screen shots - my screen does not look the same and it does not work.

Also read a blog on Fitbit App hacks - and for example to get exercise cues - does not work as I am not able to follow the instructions as my app looks different.

While I enjoy my fitbit a lot, I certainly are not getting the best out of it and it is very frustrating.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Mar5095! To start with your first post, Community has been available in the USA for quite some time. It's just started rolling out in some other countries, and is still not available in others. Is it possible this is the reason you're not seeing it?

For your next question, you can export that data through the web dashboard, but not through the app. I'm not sure if it's available if you're looking at the mobile version of the web dashboard, but maybe that's the difference you're seeing if you're using your mobile? You can go into your settings on the web and request a desktop version if you're on your mobile, maybe that would help.

As far as the app goes, maybe there are still some differences between the iOS, android, and Windows versions. For sure, one thing that is different over time is that there have been several major app overhauls, so if you're looking at an older blog post, things could definitely look different. I would also suggest checking out both the help articles on Fitbit if you find something interesting or even searching the forums. Fitbit writes some great advice for getting different functions going and they're usually pretty good about keeping the instructions up to date.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Mar5095! To start with your first post, Community has been available in the USA for quite some time. It's just started rolling out in some other countries, and is still not available in others. Is it possible this is the reason you're not seeing it?

For your next question, you can export that data through the web dashboard, but not through the app. I'm not sure if it's available if you're looking at the mobile version of the web dashboard, but maybe that's the difference you're seeing if you're using your mobile? You can go into your settings on the web and request a desktop version if you're on your mobile, maybe that would help.

As far as the app goes, maybe there are still some differences between the iOS, android, and Windows versions. For sure, one thing that is different over time is that there have been several major app overhauls, so if you're looking at an older blog post, things could definitely look different. I would also suggest checking out both the help articles on Fitbit if you find something interesting or even searching the forums. Fitbit writes some great advice for getting different functions going and they're usually pretty good about keeping the instructions up to date.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer