Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nutritional information showing incorrectly in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love that the Fitbit app calculates macros... but they are not correct. I just calculated one meal long-hand and the fat is exact, my calculated carbs are higher and my calculated protein is lower, comparing with the app. I am using the fat*9/total cals, carbs/protein*4/total cals.

I think the issue is that the nutritional information is incorrect. My "egg" shows 10.5g protein. I'd say at most, it's 6g protein.

Maybe it doesn't matter in the long run, but when I use standard values for fat, carbs and protein for my meal:

fitbit/calculated carbs = 24%/30%

fitbit/calculated protein = 23%/18%

That's a huge difference which will only increase as the day goes on. Now I can guess why I'm not losing weight, my actual protein is too low and my actual carbs are too high, with the app logging them as higher (protein) and lower (carbs).

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, I found an "egg" from Waffle House in the app that seems to fit the correct values. I usually choose the standard from the list, not from a restaurant, etc. I would think we should be able to pick whole foods from based on the US Nutritional Database, that those would be the most correct in this database!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @radzieus, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know about your findings. I'll make sure to pass them along to our team so they can take a better a look at this situation. At this moment I would like to ask you for some screenshots including the nutritional values that you have found are showing incorrectly, this will be very helpful for our team as well. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes