Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see friends steps on Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve bought a Fitbit Sense for my mother and added her as a friend- why can I not see the step count? 🙏🏻

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Tabby
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

This has nothing to do with the Sense and everything to do with the app.  In order to help, we need to know which OS your mother has.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, can I check what you mean by OS?

I’ve also tried to log in via Google as is suggested in help guides but that still doesn’t seem to work 🙏🏻

Tabby
Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to know if your Mom (not you) has an Apple or Android phone.  For future reference, that's what someone means when they ask about your OS....it's your Operating System.

Best Answer

Ah got it, she has an Aople phone

Tabby
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the Fitbit app updated on her phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, she loaded the Fitbit app on the same day I set it up for her

Tabby
Best Answer

Hi there, @Tabby@DramaQueenDiva Thanks for your help.

@Tabby I wanted to let you know that I've moved your post to the iOS board so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the details provided, and your efforts while working on this matter. Just to confirm, aside from your mother, are you able to see the steps from other friends? Also, is your mother able to see your steps?

In the meantime, let me share that our team recently released a new version for the Fitbit app. Please make sure to install it, reboot her phone and keep an eye on its behavior.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see steps from other friends just not my mum & she cannot see my steps 🙏🏻

Tabby
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thasks Lizzie, but there is no new update for the Fitbit app that I can see. Last one was updated on the 19 June so unfortunately the issue still remains 

Tabby
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry that should have said 10 June

Tabby
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Tabby.

Thanks for getting back with more details, and trying the steps suggested above. Let me share that our team started releasing a new version for the Fitbit app which is progressively rolling out to all our users. I understand it doesn't appear on your end, but please wait and make sure to install it as soon you see it available so we can ensure the Fitbit app's overall performance.

Best Answer
0 Votes