Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send private messages on the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m not able to select message to send private messages to friends on the Fitbit app, I can only do cheers or taunts to friends but not messages. It started after I did the last update.  Is anyone else having this problem? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Are you saying that you are not able to send cheers, etc from your Versa 3? 

If you have Fitbit notifications being sent to your Versa 3, you will be able to respond with Cheers and Taunts within challenges. I haven't been able to send messages eh right the Versa 3. 

If your referring to the Fitbit App on the phone, we will need to junkie what type of phone and I'll be glad to move the post to the proper board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m talking about where you can private message a friend only, not a message on a challenge. I can send a cheer or taunt to a friend. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I was able too send a private message before the update. 

Best Answer

Ok, I've moved your non hardware question to the iOS board. Hopefully someone may have an answer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your assistance @Rich_Laue. Nice to see you here @SheilaVo

I appreciate the details shared on your post. Please note our team is currently working to resolve this issue and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution. A new version was just released, so let's double check if that is available for your Fitbit app. For more information see, How do I use the Fitbit app?

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Some people have commented on this in my challenges for the last few weeks and I couldn't understand what they were talking about until today. I cannot send private messages to my friends either. I can cheer and taunt them (on their profile page) but the "message" button doesn't open up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @XtinaDWP

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with the Fitbit app. Please note that a new version for the Fitbit app was already released, so let's try to install the update and I hope that it works for you. You can do the following to find the update:

1. Open the App Store app.
  2. Tap your profile picture in the top right.
  3. Scroll down to see if an update is available for the Fitbit app (under Available updates or Upcoming automatic updates).
  4. Tap Update.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello,

Thank you for the advice but sadly it was the update that turned off my
messaging function.

Kristina
Best Answer
0 Votes

@XtinaDWP Thanks for getting back. 

I appreciate for letting me know that you already updated the Fitbit app. To continue working on this, may I know if the version for the Fitbit app that is installed on your phone is the 3.48?

In the meantime, I'd recommend trying the following: 

• Force quit the Fitbit app 
  • Restart your phone 
  • Open the Fitbit app and try to send a private message 

Catch you later. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you but I have tried all of that. 1) checked for updates. 2) force
quit the phone. 3) forced quit the app. 4) removed the app. 5) logged out
of the app and still the message button doesn't work. Now that I've
mentioned it to my friends in my challenges, it seems that most of them
cannot send messages either.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @XtinaDWP I hope you're doing well, 

I really appreciate all the troubleshooting that you have tried so far. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences. Please note that the version 3.49 for the Fitbit app was already released, so please install the update and I hope it can help us to resolve the issue with the private messages. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes