Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Charge 2.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

I have recently updated from a fitbit charge HR to a fitbit charge 2. I have disconnected the charge HR from both my Mac and iPhone but i cannot connect the new charge to either device. When trying to connect to my phone, i type in the 4 digit code which appears on my fitbit screen and then it says "connecting to fitbit" but never connects. On my Mac, i type in the code and it says either "error occurred, please try again" or "lost connection" even though i didn't change anything. I looked online for advice and they said to update phone/computer to latest modes, this has not worked. 

Does anyone have any other advice as i cannot set up my fitbit at the moment.

Many thanks, 

Nicola 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @NCoulthwaite, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If your Charge 2 is unable to set up, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Restart your tracker and leave it plugged in and charging
  2. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove any Fitbit devices you're no longer using form the paired list. 
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal
  5. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the set up process (this includes previous trackers and/or laptops)
  6. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  7. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply, sadly my iPhone is still not connecting to the device even after disconnecting it from all other devices and having no other bluetooth devices around it. If there is anything else you have to suggest I'm open to trying but if not i think i will take it back to the shop. Many thanks.

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @NCoulthwaite, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I went ahead and check with our Support Team and it seems you've already have a case open due to this situation and that our team has already provided you instructions. I'm glad you've contacted them, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same setup and the exact same issues no matter what I do (iOS11/iPhone 6s and MacBook Air (2013) with most recent OS) and already sent back one charge 2 pebble to get another one as I was unable to set the first one up.  Just received the new one today and tried exactly the steps outlined below (I even went outside to try and avoid neighbor's bluetooth, but then of course the wifi doesn't work).  I think it's incompatible with Macs, or the software FitBit is supporting on Macs is super flimsy at the very least.  If it's the hardware, then that means they got some serious issues in production, as I'm 0/2 😞

Did you find anything that worked for you?  I've tried everything I could think of including turning all 15 of my bluetooth devices off, going outside, charging it, trying the setup on and off the charger, resetting all devices, hard reset of phone, restart of laptop, updating all the software for all three devices (my iPhone 6s, the Macbook Air, but not the charge2 since that wasn't possible.  I'm now 3-4 hours in on troubleshooting because I really don't think forking out the money for sending yet another one back will do anything. 

This is extremely disappointing as I have yet to even use the device and everything is now totally up-to-date.  This is something that should really be fixed by fitbit - it doesn't look like my problems are unusual.  My next step is to buy a dongle (there goes another $10 without any success so far) or maybe try a neighbor's PC and then see if the syncing will at least work after I setup on a non-apple device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Quistarita, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I was able to check your situation with our Support Team and I was able to verify that they were able to provide you a satisfactory resolution for your issue and a new tracker was sent to you. I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes