Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Fitbit Alta back to account.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my Alta last year & loved it, I stopped using it as I was given an I watch at xmas but I don't like their app. I got a new iPhone X and transferred all data over including all apps. I went to use my Alta but my new ph could not find it. I was an idiot and decided to delete the device and then re install it, but now I have problems, my iPhone cannot find the device to pair... I think that the Alta needs to be updated but now I can't seem to connect it. How can I fix this issue?

please any help would be appreciated.

Niki

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Nikster, I hope you're doing well, it's great to see you around, welcome back to the Fitbit family! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and have let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment I would like to ask you to try the following steps in order:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your Alta.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the Alta one more time. 
  6. If the Alta needs an update, once it finishes setting up, you will be asked to update it.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes